hi i am Oz investor

Oz investor

Full time employment: Posting here.
i am already retired ( not by choice ) but am looking at ways to improve my nest egg's potential as i think inflation will bite hard sooner rather than later

i think it would insincere of me to declare financial independence just yet

cheers !!

i am already retired ( not by choice ) but am looking at ways to improve my nest egg's potential as i think inflation will bite hard sooner rather than later

i think it would insincere of me to declare financial independence just yet

cheers !!
Welcome to our wonderful site. If you wish to share some more specific information with us, I am sure you would receive good advice.:greetings10:

Welcome Oz investor.

If you ask questions, we'll chime in with our infinite wisdom. But there might be a time zone lag!

I know because in my recent megacorp days one of our division HQs was in Brisbane, and I did some work with them at very odd hours! Then there is the wrong season thing... But I jest.

Welcome aboard and fire away with questions, ideas, and thoughts.

Regards,

USG

my main mission is to harvest new ideas and strategies for investing ( some of them will be able to be adapted to Australia )

hopefully pick up extra insights into JHG and IRM

and when in Brisbane ( depending on which decade ) you probably flew over me working when arriving or leaving , that wasn't a particular worry until 911

well there was a fuel ( storage) depot less than 100 yards either side of us AND we were directly under a regular flight path , want could possibly ruin our day :confused:

so as a result of 911 , and a Anthrax hoax at the local head office we were given 2 one hour health and safety lectures a year , where i earned a reputation of a trouble maker by asking questions .. like ... i have been here 4 years now and NEVER heard the fire alarm .. what does it sound like :confused: 12 months later the unofficial reply was .. the alarm rings in Melbourne ( 1000 miles away ) at the security contractors office

after that we got the yearly bomb hoax lecture ... i asked the question about what a bomb would look like fully aware empty fuel tankers would park outside the front door whiles the driver had their rest breaks ( up to 12 hours ) .. that would be a LOT of glass ripping through the warehouse if one went bang

little unimportant questions like that

but i am retired now and never watch the news life is a little less stressful

my main mission is to harvest new ideas and strategies for investing ( some of them will be able to be adapted to Australia )

hopefully pick up extra insights into JHG and IRM

and when in Brisbane ( depending on which decade ) you probably flew over me working when arriving or leaving , that wasn't a particular worry until 911

well there was a fuel ( storage) depot less than 100 yards either side of us AND we were directly under a regular flight path , want could possibly ruin our day :confused:

so as a result of 911 , and a Anthrax hoax at the local head office we were given 2 one hour health and safety lectures a year , where i earned a reputation of a trouble maker by asking questions .. like ... i have been here 4 years now and NEVER heard the fire alarm .. what does it sound like :confused: 12 months later the unofficial reply was .. the alarm rings in Melbourne ( 1000 miles away ) at the security contractors office

after that we got the yearly bomb hoax lecture ... i asked the question about what a bomb would look like fully aware empty fuel tankers would park outside the front door whiles the driver had their rest breaks ( up to 12 hours ) .. that would be a LOT of glass ripping through the warehouse if one went bang

little unimportant questions like that

but i am retired now and never watch the news life is a little less stressful

Yup the news can be a stress factor. I have a friend that gets shingles and I told him to stop listening to political talk shows. He did and he is getting much better. The radio was just getting him wound up.

Back
Top Bottom