I'll share some data Mangylore :
* Grocery and general expenses are in the range of 10K. Very high inflation , doubled in 5 years.
* Maid is 3K
* Bill including cell phone, internet , electricity, cooking gas etc. could easily go upto 5-7K .
* petrol woulld be 3-5K . + Maintenance of vehicle and extra transportation cost.
* Kids fees including bus fee (+ annual books, uniform, shoes etc.) are 15K per month. BTW inflation here has been 15-20% per annum. It started at 8-9K per annum for us. Also different coachings, extra curricular, overhead expenses would grow with kid.
* Home maintenance payment (to flat society) would depend as well as entertainment , eatout, gifts, festivals etc. .
* Vacations would depend on taste and pocket but I would easily put 1L + per annum. Clothing would cost 30-60K per annum for decent stuff.
* Now Car Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Medical expenses , water filter maintenance , Beauty/hair cut/grooming services for family etc. .
* With this long retirement u even have to keep provision for home maintenance (paintiing, furniture, appliances, car replacement etc.)
So my broad take is 45K per month would work regularly probably (depending on life-style) but may not cover irregular expenses, vacations etc. . Also inflation has to be provided at the range of 6-8% atleast. For example when we came milk was Rs.26 per litre, now it is Rs.40 so some expenses jump like crazy. Also
Let me know if you have any specific questions.