Hi I'M Charles

Have you meet any strangers lately?

• Did you get the strangers name?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Do you avoid encounters with strangers?

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Do you search for serendipity?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charls

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm a 63 year old, twice retired grandfather here in Dallas, Texas. First retirement was at age 50 from fire department. Just needed to get out of civil service and try out the private sector as a fire investigator. Changed companies three times before finding a good fit. Stayed there 6 years until I had enough fun traveling the lower 48. I tried out this second retirement four years ago, but still have not be able to handle all of the extra time and disconnect from working & dealing with real life situations. Since then I have tried a variety of part-time jobs and volunteer activities just to stay active and fill up those idle hours that seem to get wasted away somehow. Staying active by working through the challenges of a new assignment helps keep me healthy and alert as well as often meeting a new or interesting person. "Strangers are friends that you have yet to meet" seems to fit what I so often enjoy finding when adventuring out into the new day. Have you meet any strangers lately? :greetings10:

Hi Charles, and welcome to the forum.

I guess the point as we age is to spend some quality time doing what we want to do. For some people, the best way to do that is through work. It sounds to me like you've found what makes you happy --congratulations, and enjoy!

Coach

We all need challenges of some kind or another to keep us interesting, Charles! Have you considered going back to school in some area of interest? That might also be a way for you to meet new folks and learn new things.
And welcome to the forum! :) Howdy, stranger!

Have you meet any strangers lately? :greetings10:
Well, I've met some strange people.....:D

I assume your avatar is you. DH bought a Harley last year, retired two months ago and is meeting quite a few folks while rumbling around on the bike. Common interests bring people together.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to the Forum!

Always nice to have another Texas perspective...:LOL:

Strangely, I agree that this estranged thread is one of the strangest discussions about strangers that I have ever encountered, exhibiting a strangiferous level of strangeness...

"Tis strange but true; for truth is always strange- stranger than fiction" ~Byron

Hi all! I´m Spanish but fond of your culture and way of life...which is quite strange in an European! Many Europeans consider you barbarians but they can´t produce your films, novels, music....

Where is Charles?
One post and then gone for awhile, not so strange from someone who is averse to: "idle hours that seem to get wasted away somehow." Plenty of that going on here, but I'm w*rking on perfecting a slower less productive lifestyle, takes time and practice.

Charles, hope you come back so I can meet you and :greetings10:.

The poll is already closed but yes, serendipity is where it's at. Howdy!

Back
Top Bottom