Hi, I'm Robert M. Cavezza

rcavezza

Confused about dryer sheets
People usually call me Bob. Just found this site on the getrichslowly blog. Hopefully, I'll get to know many of you in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Cheers.

Robert M. Cavezza

Welcome to the board, Robert. Please feel free to browse around and contribute when you feel ready.

Can you share a little about yourself? Retired or just dreaming of it?

I am 22 and am graduating college in December from Rutgers. I started a company with a partner and longtime friend this summer. We do mobile auto detailing in central New Jersey. Website is available upon request (I don't like spamming). We're also working on a new football recruiting website (in development) and I am slowly working on a side project solo. My plan is to develop websites and products to develop a steady stream of income so I can eventually work one day a week and earn $100,000 a year next year. It's the closest thing to retirement that I can achieve by age 24.

I love entrepreneurship and challenges.

Welcome to the board, Robert. Please feel free to browse around and contribute when you feel ready.

Can you share a little about yourself? Retired or just dreaming of it?

...My plan is to develop websites and products to develop a steady stream of income so I can eventually work one day a week and earn $100,000 a year next year. It's the closest thing to retirement that I can achieve by age 24.

Dreaming is nice too. Hey, it could happen. Good luck and keep us posted.

Quick question. Is the main philosophy of this messageboard staying cheap and saving money for retirement and compounding interest? Or are there other key philosophies?

If you ever read the 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss, i think I would fit more into that category.

Robert - Welcome aboard.

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager
The Ultimate Cheapskate

Golly, I'm new here myself, so I don't know about the "main philosophy," or even if there is one. Me, I think most folks (Americans, at least) will be happier - and the quality of their lives will increase - if they'll only spend and consume less.

Stay Cheap!
-Jeff Yeager
Author, The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches (Random House 2008 )

Quick question. Is the main philosophy of this messageboard staying cheap and saving money for retirement and compounding interest? Or are there other key philosophies?

If you ever read the 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss, i think I would fit more into that category.

Last edited:

The basic theme of the forum is early retirement but encompasses a wide variety of topics in its different sections so ask away at any questions you might have about anything and you will probably get an answer
Welcome to the forum Bob

...My plan is to develop websites and products to develop a steady stream of income so I can eventually work one day a week and earn $100,000 a year next year. It's the closest thing to retirement that I can achieve by age 24.

Working 1 day a week at something you love is a great dream for retirement at any age. (And if you can make a big bundle doing it, that's even better!)

Welcome to the board, Bob.

We have one poster who's mentioned hitting it big through their website, and a couple more who've made their FIRE through Internet-related businesses. But I suspect that they're far less common than the media would have us believe.

Diehard business entrepreneurs also tend to never FIRE. They're having too much fun.

Golly, I'm new here myself, so I don't know about the "main philosophy," or even if there is one.
After you make your first 100 posts, Jeff, we'll e-mail you the secret codes for enriching yourself via day-trading the futures in an obscure commodity developed on this board called "beever cheeze". You'll be able to use the codes to unlock the additional features on your decoder ring, and they also include an updated video of the secret handshake.

It's hard to gather statistics from a group of DIYers who can't even agree on a common definition of net worth, let alone the most important factors in achieving FIRE, but a high savings rate is probably the most common one. That's usually a function of reducing expenses rather than boosting income. Entrepreneurship is also a big boost to FIRE (just like Stanley's "Millionaire Next Door") but not mandatory-- quite a few more of us wage slaves have FIREd by being driven to escape the clueless business managers.

So I tend to be a bit skeptical of books like the Four-hour Workweek that tell people what they want to hear, and we'll have to get back to that author in 5-10 years. But in the meantime, by comparison you're selling Brussels sprouts in the Dairy Queen parking lot...

After you make your first 100 posts, Jeff, we'll e-mail you the secret codes for enriching yourself via day-trading the futures in an obscure commodity developed on this board called "beever cheeze". You'll be able to use the codes to unlock the additional features on your decoder ring, and they also include an updated video of the secret handshake.

I never got that e-mail...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom