Hi, New here from Seattle, both of us a retired

rather be in hawaii

Dryer sheet wannabe
I'm a 68 YO woman, ER'd in 2010, thanks in part to a stock windfall from a tech company where I worked for almost 30 years. My DW, age 72, retired 4 years ago. I was getting spousal benefits a a couple of years before switching to my own. I'm a nerd girl, a former software and network engineer,

We have around a $2,000,000 portfolio, invested in a conservative balanced portfolio of REIT, a target fund at TIAA-CREF and $250,000 in simple annuities. I have $400,000 still in my companies 401 that I'm thinking about moving to Vanguard, possibly to a short term bond fund.

We have no debts and around $6-800,000 in home equity. We're also getting about $60,00 a year in SS and my DW has a very nice pension from the local university where she worked for over 25 years, as Dircector of Financial Services. We get comprehensive State of Washing retiree health insurance, which costs us about $12,000/year, including great prescription benefits and a meager dental plan. No co-pays fo prescriptions.

We have been spending a month in Hawaii most yeas since 1991.

Welcome to our site and hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Welcome! With your assets and retirement income, you could easily be in Hawaii, depending on what level of housing you desire, and what your other spending is.

My wife and I are currently living in Honolulu, spending less that just your SS income!

Welcome, looks like you're in great shape. Now's the time to make plans. Life awaits :)

Welcome, sounds like you are enjoying your retirement. Hope to hear more from you, this is a great forum.

Welcome here. Please free to continue to post and read all responses. These responses are generally on point, but always remember that they are only worth what you paid for them.

I'm thinking about moving to Vanguard, possibly to a short term bond fund.
VG is a great company and the STB fund is good fund if you are looking for a STB fund. I would consider moving all accounts to VG for ease in management. I have had the STB fund for 10+ years as a back-up for my PMMF money. It works for me.

Back
Top Bottom