Join Early Retirement Today

Hi...new member
Old 05-17-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Hi...new member

Hello all...retired about 8 months ago, just turned 50. We still have an 8 year old at home, so extensive travel will have to wait a bit. Found this web site and I'm going to explore it a bit to see what other early retirees are doing with their time.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyR View Post
Hello all...retired about 8 months ago, just turned 50. We still have an 8 year old at home, so extensive travel will have to wait a bit. Found this web site and I'm going to explore it a bit to see what other early retirees are doing with their time.
Welcome Benny and congratulations on escaping the evil clutches of your former employer. Feel free to explore and look for inspiration, but know that the answer to your question is this: You can do whatever you want to do - you're a free man.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Welcome! Former fed now frequently found at the local animal shelter volunteering. You'll find lots of different ways early retirees spend their time here.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #4

I already feel very free! After many, many years of wearing a suit and tie, I've left the corporate world behind and can now relax in shorts and sandals. It's been an easier adjustment than I thought it would be. I can honestly say I don't miss working one bit. I live in a suburb on the edge of the Everglades in Florida and have rediscovered my love of bass fishing and photography. It's true what they say...a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Welcome Benny. MegaMotors refugee here, three years out. I'm sure keeping busy could be a problem, but I haven't had time to worry about it yet.

Watch out for those big snakes that we keep hearing about in the Everglades.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #6

Actually where I sometimes go there have been large pythons seen...haven't seen one myself yet though.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Actually where I sometimes go there have been large pythons seen...haven't seen one myself yet though.
Let us know where you sometimes go so we can avoid the pythons lurking there
Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Welcome ! I retired three years ago at 59 and I keep busy with selling on ebay ,going to the gym ,travelling and finding remodeling projects for my SO .