Hi, y'all

JimLy

Confused about dryer sheets
I'm working for a company that will become extinct within the next year. Of that I'm sure. Since I am in IT and over 50, no chance I'll ever get another job so after the unemployment runs out, I'll be looking for income from my investments. I'll still consider myself unemployed and not retired, since it won't be my decision to quit working. I've toyed with turning over asset management to someone else, but from what I've been able to glean, no one does it conservatively and gets more than about 7 percent return. To get that you've got to pay them, and at my total investment that amounts to about 14% of what they will bring in. That's way too much. I'm always looking for good ideas and this site and it's philosophy is right up my alley. I've got a 41' Irwin ketch that'lll become a full-time home if I can talk the wife into it. Otherwise it will be my RV on the water.

I'm anxious to exchange ideas with this enlightened bunch. :D

Welcome aboard, Jim!

There's plenty of room on this bus, er, boat! ;)

I'm a landlubber myself, I got boating and water out of my system after being a galley slave in my youth on fresh-water lakes.

Welcome, Jim!

There are lots of folks out on the water. Look at my thread under lifestyles for some of my experiences living on my boat.

Dory36

Back
Top Bottom