Howdy from Orlando

Hip.Old.Man

Confused about dryer sheets
Well where do I start! For many moons I had always planned to stop working at 62 and collect early(75%) SS. Fast foward to present time where I am now getting ready to turn 63 and find myself still working. I tell myself I need the health coverage but deep down inside there's prob more to it.
I know there will be many Q's coming from me looking for more 411 so a big pre thanks to all. :)

Walter aka Hip.OldMan

Welcome, H.O.M.

Lots of 411 here along with knowledgeable posters. Ask away.

omni

Well where do I start! For many moons I had always planned to stop working at 62 and collect early(75%) SS. Fast foward to present time where I am now getting ready to turn 63 and find myself still working. I tell myself I need the health coverage but deep down inside there's prob more to it.
I know there will be many Q's coming from me looking for more 411 so a big pre thanks to all. :)

Walter aka Hip.OldMan
Just turned 63 in Feb. I planned for a long time to RE at 63. Then my son told me that he needed another year to finish college. I put off RE OMY. Did a 3-week vacation, went back to work for a couple of weeks and just said "That's enough!" Turned in my papers and I will be done in two weeks. Kept getting reminders from this forum that I was working to provide my kids with a bigger inheritance. They have known for a long time that their education is their inheritance and they are good with that. I'm feeling real good. No regrets so far. Good luck on your decision whenever it is!

Welcome! I just retired 2 months ago at 61. If healthcare is holding you back, ACA (Obamacare) is just around the corner starting in 2014, and may solve that obstacle.

Thanks and I will be checking some health ins quotes right around that time. Can't wait to tell work AMF.
Walter
Welcome! I just retired 2 months ago at 61. If healthcare is holding you back, ACA (Obamacare) is just around the corner starting in 2014, and may solve that obstacle.

Back
Top Bottom