Join Early Retirement Today

I got out Early!
Old 08-08-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

I got out Early!

Hello All!
I'm very fortunate to have had the chance to accept an early out package & retire @ 62 after 36 years in the Aerospace industry. My wife has got 18 months before she joins me.
I'm very excited to have found this forum. Although we have a financial planner on an as needed basis, I really like the topics I've seem browsing the forum.

Very pleased to meet you all!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Welcome aboard!

I am a newly minted retiree as well- exited w0rk on 6-30-17 at 60. Loving every minute of it!

This forum is indeed a great place to learn and share. See you around!

Old 08-08-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmc17 View Post
I'm very fortunate to have had the chance to accept an early out package & retire @ 62 after 36 years in the Aerospace industry. My wife has got 18 months before she joins me.
I'm very excited to have found this forum. Although we have a financial planner on an as needed basis, I really like the topics I've seem browsing the forum.
Welcome, and congratulations on your good fortune!

I also have a financial planner that I trust. But I'm always looking for other opinions and to learn more.

Some interesting viewpoints here. I don't agree with all of them, but it usually makes for fun reading.

Cheers! (and I'm jealous of your early out package!)
Old 08-08-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Welcome. What will you do all day?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Hello and welcome, Rick! Congrats on the "package" and on obtaining your freedom. I am right behind you on my way out the door...and looking forward to the next phase of life.
T-Minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:06 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Congrats on your package. Timing is everything! Enjoy the next phase of your life.
whatnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Green-eyed monster
Old 08-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #7

Green-eyed monster

Welcome to the forum.

I can't say "Welcome to ER," because I'm not yet there myself. Still plodding along, trying to w*rk off some legacy debt from childraising. So I'm wildly envious of you lucky dogs on the sunny side.

But just because my own Special Day is still a ways off doesn't mean I begrudge anyone else their own good fortune. All Hail rickmc17! May you live long and prosper.

And may you continue to post with anecdotes of how fabulous freedom is. Feeding my envy adds incentive for me to get my own keister out the door asap.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #8

Welcome to the forum. Nice that you got an early out package. My sister just took one of those also.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Confused about dryer sheets

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was a bit skeptical to make the jump, but I'm so glad I did!! It took about 3 months to "unwind" from being on the road 40 weeks a year for the past 7 years. It's fun working on things on my pace on my time!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

Welcome and congratulations. When examining various financial and retirement issues as they related to my specfic circumstances, I found this forum and bogleheads.org to be two of the most useful sites for research and questions. I'm 5 years into retirement and it has been great.
Greg V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome and congrats!

Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote