I'm ba-a-ack,,,,

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
So, did y'all miss me?

Don't know what happened, life just got busy. Next thing I knew retiredbop was kaput. Lookin' forward to learning more from all you, and sharing it with my eager young students here at the Federal Correctional Institution at Schuylkill, PA. It's amazing what these officers don't know about their own retirement system, much less TSP, IRA's, SWR, and Rule 72(t).

Is it really you, retiredbop?

The ONE and ONLY!!

I have had a very hectic summer. Started refereeing professional bicycle races, started teaching motorcycle safety classes, and got certified to substitute teach at local school districts. With all of that going on I've had to make two emergency trips to FL for my DM. And I have often found myself wondering "how in the world do I have time for a full-time job?"

The count down is less than a year to eligibility, and less than 16 months to ER. I can NOT wait. Even if they promote me I probably won't stay. Don't think it would make a sufficient difference in pension to spend three more years wondering "is today the day the carry me out on a stretcher or in a body-bag." Not melodrama, just the realities of my career.

Not to mention that I haven't played a game of golf in two years.

Cool...you were missed!

No wonder you haven't posted in a while. Just reading your post made me tired. Time to set a spell and mellow out. Welcome back. :)

Mike, your new name is too hard to pronounce!

Welcome back. :)

Thanks Martha. And it's pretty easy to pronounce if you speak Marine. I think it was you who sent me the expiration notice, but the timing was really bad for me at that time.

Mike, your new name is too hard to pronounce!
Many years ago the collars of USMC uniforms were made out of leather to slow down enemy edged weapons.

"Leatherneck" is about midway on the complimentary scale between "Jarhead" and "Devil Dog"...

Happy early birthday, Marine!

Nords, Goonie; thanks. I'm getting all warm and fuzzy. Here I thought I was just a parasitic leech on the wisdom of the collective. It never dawned on me that people found my DNG questions entertaining.

Mike, if you want to merge your accounts and go back to your user name just use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and I'll get your account fixed up.

Welcome back and may the next 16 months pass very quickly! Unfortunately I have many many years to go.

Back
Top Bottom