I'm new to the forum, just wanted to sign in.

crowbird

Confused about dryer sheets
I have been studying, reading, and lurking here for about 6 months. I am 57, and planned to retire at 55, when I could first take my pension from a large Oil refining company.

The information I have gotten here has given me encouragement, and I hope to pull the trigger in 2007.

For me I think it is more about the uncertainty of the next life phase than the financial. Pretty sure that pension + 4% withdrawal from Ira & investments will allow me to meet or exceed current standard of living.

Concerned about the mental side of the life change. Sure do enjoy the boards.

Crowbird, welcome!

I understand about difficulty pulling the trigger -- I'm facing that myself. I hope we both manage to do it this year.

Coach

You'll be a little ansty when the merry-go-round stops, but after 6 months, you'll wonder how you could ever show up at work everyday.

Welcome to the board, crowbird.

Cut-Throat said:
You'll be a little ansty when the merry-go-round stops, but after 6 months, you'll wonder how you could ever show up at work everyday.
It might not take that long...

Trust me Crow, you are not alone! While the biggest hurdle is financial once we have that nailed it is the day to day. Take a mental inventory of activities enjoyed thru life and decide which you might enjoy now that you will have the time.

There are many things that life has to offer and it is up to us to find what will work. This group has a diversity of activities from the obvious of travel or gardening to more obscure. I bet we even have a few who travel to ride roller coasters here!

I am still relaxing and doing some community service and yardwork in addition to cooking and reading. I may get more energetic about travel and fishing soon. The nice part is having time and financial ability to change course when it suits you.

Back
Top Bottom