I'm now officially retired!

Slow But Steady

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm now officially retired!

My last day of work was Friday, but I feel like this is my first day of retirement, because it's the first Monday that I didn't have to wake up to the alarm clock. I've been a chemical engineer for 40 years.

Some of my friends at the plant will make fun of me, but I find that I'm still thinking about how to make the plant's control systems run better. (Hopefully that will pass quickly...)

My plans for today? Absolutely nothing.

40 years working?? You've definitely eared to retire and do nothing :greetings10:.

Congratulations! Make it a 40-year retirement now...

Congratulations! Thoughts of the job will dissipate quickly.

Enjoying life!

Congratulations! Wish you a very Happy retirement!!

Congrats! Have a wonderful day! Post your thoughts as you make the transition.. I found other's experiences helpful when I pulled the plug.

What will you do all day? :confused:

You're the last of a 40 year employee, and my hat's off to you.

Now, go take a really long vacation and get ready for a much slower life. Nothing like a quality life in retirement.

Congrats - very happy to see another hard-worker successfully cross the finish line. Now, start enjoying what YOU want to do!

Congrats! When I first retired, I thought I would take a few months to decompress and do nothing. It turns out that was my most industrious period, tackling various home projects that I'd had no time for. Now those are done and out of my system so I spend time exercising and doing whatever I want, on my own schedule. Damn that Pokemon GO. Enjoy!

Well done. Early next year I'll join you.

Congratulations!!! You have earned that nap! My suggestion is to take a week and stay at a B&B for a week with no plans for the entire time. Just let the day take you where it will. For me that was hard at first since my days had been scheduled for so long, and taking time away broke me of the meeting habit.

Congrats. After 40-years of hard work this is well deserved. Enjoy your free time and finding new hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom