joining during my countdown to freedom

lhamo

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi Everybody,

Got pointed here by some of my friends at Simple Living -- glad to have found this new community! I am a little less than a month away from my last day at my job. Not quite sure if I can say I am FI or RE-ing at this point, as our next step plans may involve some freelancing or possibly starting our own business. But I definitely have had enough of working for others for awhile. Still dealing with the emotional fallout of several years in a disfunctional organization. Actually, I will probably be making some posts related to those issues over the next few days. I can see already that there are lots of wise and supportive people here!

Glad to be here -- looking forward to getting to know you all better,

lhamo

Welcome and congrats on your soon to be freedom!

lhamo said:
Not quite sure if I can say I am FI or RE-ing at this point, as our next step plans may involve some freelancing or possibly starting our own business.
Welcome to the board, lhamo.

Have you run FIRECalc or read Work Less, Live More?

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I played around with FIREcalc a few months ago, I think right about the time I was almost ready to quit. Numbers came up pretty good, but I decided to stay for a bunch of complicated reasons. I haven't read Work Less, Live More, but I have been following the principles/steps in Your Money or Your Life for several years now and I would imagine the philosophy is quite similar. I will put the Work Less book on reserve at the library so I can check it out during my upcoming trip back to the US -- I live in China most of the time.

I need to go back and play with Firecalc some more -- our net worth has gone up a fair amount in the past few months so it will be interesting to see where we stand now.

lhamo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom