Join Early Retirement Today
Old 05-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.
ER Dream, the more you post, the more confident I am that you and your family are on solid ground, both personally and financially. Glad you have a solid plan to cut back on the weekends at work and give yourself more time to relax and enjoy your family and everything you've worked for.

The budget for the wife's extras is a smart idea. No adult likes to feel like they have to answer for every dollar they spend.

As long as you and your wife continue to discuss your spending and saving plans as your income increases and your situation changes a bit, I think you'll be well placed to enjoy FIRE sooner than you might expect..

Katiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by 2017ish View Post
+1 We did this within our extended family. No one is in the same state, but we'd ship boxes of clothes to the next oldest cousins as they got outgrown--and, in turn, that family would forward to the next as they were outgrown. (On some occasions, shipments even made between families who had never met after our wedding--my siblings and DW's siblings.)

Unfortunately, we had the oldest kids on both sides.
We did this with our two kids. Part of it was saving money... but honestly I also hate shopping and shopping for kids clothes is not fun at all... so win/win there

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

petershk is offline   Reply With Quote