Just retired @ 51, two nudists living in paradise

Brewer12345:

A good sun tan is the best and most natural defense against sunburn. Besides, exposing one's skin to sunlight produces more beneficial Vitamin D in 20 minutes than you can get from a handful of pills, and Vitamin D is suspected of preventing or helping to prevent a wide array of diseases that D-deficient people often suffer. So, we like getting ours the natural way!

Regards,

Mike

So your skin is made of tinfoil?

Seriously, 30 minutes unprotected in the FL sun and I would be a lobster. And you don't worry about skin cancer?

sunscreen!

Lots of sunscreen!

How To Protect Against Sunburn | eHow.com

Almost all health officials agree that there is no such thing as a healthy tan, but a sunburn is particularly damaging to your skin and may result in pain, swelling, blistering and long-term skin damage.

Getting a 'base tan': Does it prevent sunburn? - MayoClinic.com

Tanning under the sun or a sunlamp gives protection that is equivalent to a sun protection factor (SPF) of 4 or less, which translates into a little extra time in the sun before you start to burn. But the larger issue is that any change in skin color is a sign of damage from ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Repeated exposure to UV radiation — whether from the sun or a sunlamp — increases your risk of premature skin aging and skin cancer.

Note 1: Vitamin D is good for you
2: It appears that Vitamin D helps protect you against skin cancer
3: You can get D with limited sun exposure
4: Your body breaks down D after a certain limit
5: Use some care in the sun no matter how much or little clothing you're wearing

haha this reminded me of that honda commercial where a guy picks up a bunch of nudists with a stranded balloon. Anyway, congratulations to you and your wife!! Being nude is very liberating indeed.

Welcome here Mike.

One thing that I have always wanted to ask a nudist is if you are more concerned than most clothed folks about skin cancer? We have discussed various skin cancer issues here in the past and I was just wondering how it affects your outdoor activities.

I have had numerous skin cancer bouts during that last few years and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible as I seem to be more susceptible than many others. If I were a nudist I would be using sun block by the tub full.:D

Mickeyd:

Nudists are as concerned as anyone about skin cancer. However, my experience is that nudists take better care of their skin than non-nudists, since we "wear" only our skin most of the time. We tend to tan gradually as the season begins, rather than burning as many non-nudists do at the first hint of summer, and so do less damage to the skin than those with less experience. We also typically wear wide-brimmed hats and not ball caps, protecting their ears, neck and head a lot better than non-nudists. Those of us living full-time at nudist resorts also maintain a nice all-over tan year-round, which again helps prevent sunburn.

Also,there are three-times-a-year screenings at our resort by dermatologists, and they consistently report that they find less skin disorders overall among our population than non-nudists of the same age, etc. So, perhaps there is something to the Vitamin D hypothesis!

Later,

Mike

Also,there are three-times-a-year screenings at our resort by dermatologists, and they consistently report that they find less skin disorders overall among our population than non-nudists of the same age, etc. So, perhaps there is something to the Vitamin D hypothesis!
Welcome to the board, NIP, but this is one where I'd rather form an opinion from a peer-reviewed research project.

I've seen enough skin cancers removed from noses & ears to not want to risk it on other portions of my anatomy. Maybe there's a bunch of good reasons why there aren't nudist resorts in Hawaii, and why surfers wear rash guards...

NIP,

Welcome to the board. While I don't practice the lifestyle myself, I have no objections to it nor any jokes to make about it. I appreciate your directness and articulate responses to the questions people have asked and I, for one, hope you stick around.

There is one other lady on the board who is at least an occasional nudist with her husband. I'm not sure if she'll see this thread or what the etiquette is of identifying her to you. Maybe one of the moderators can advise.

2Cor521

And 2Cor now has the rest of us pondering...who is the other nudist? In our typical gossipy fashion... :)

I did mention the RV campground at Mike's resort to my DH tonight, but I'm not sure how interested he was--I don't think I explained it very well. But if you ever see a vintage Airstream motorhome come chugging into town, I've talked him into it, Mike! :)

And 2Cor now has the rest of us pondering...who is the other nudist? In our typical gossipy fashion... :)

Well, i have been known to walk around my yard in my boxer shorts on occasion, so maybe its me. So far no neighbor complaints.

And no, that doesnt answer the 'boxers or briefs' question. I wear both. I depends...

Hey REW...I'll send you a pair if you want. You can pick the style. I wont put any poisonous insects or reptiles in the box. I swear...;)

No sales involved. These are completely free.

You just have to pay shipping and handling fees. Just ask Nords. Sometimes theres something GOOD in the box(ers)...

When I was about 8 my parents became nudists. On our first visit I remember us all standing at the check in desk when suddenly everyone dropped their cloths. I was shocked then I was instructed to do the same. Felt very funny for about half an hour then it was amazing how your mind shifts. When your nude and so is everyone else it seems quit natural. To be able to just jump in the pool at any time without changing was wounderful.

There is one other lady on the board who is at least an occasional nudist with her husband. I'm not sure if she'll see this thread or what the etiquette is of identifying her to you. Maybe one of the moderators can advise.

2Cor521

I will advise. Don't.

BTW, for one downside of too much sun ...

Ha

Only thing I can say is that I have seen many, many thousands of nudist folks, and none of them had whatever kind of condition is in that photo. I'd suspect there is some other disorder involved in whatever that lady is exhibiting.

Later!

Mike

I will advise. Don't.

Fair enough. I don't think she'd have a problem with it, as she has mentioned it publicly on either this board or one other that I also see her posting to.

No, it's not you, CFB ;-).

2Cor521

Welcome to the board Mike and Marilyn!
I love the nudist lifestyle.....one of my friends is one and has asked me to join her at her lake community this summer for a couple of day trips.
I have been to the nude beach a couple of times and it is absolutely liberating and wonderful to be naked and talk to people at the same time!
Clothes are overrated!

Oh, Citrine, once again, I have to tell you that you are going to have such a great time in Asheville. You will love the folks there. It is a great bohemian art community, with lots of open-minded, easygoing hippie-type folks (but a bit cold for nudists!). :)

It is a great bohemian art community, with lots of open-minded, easygoing hippie-type folks (but a bit cold for nudists!). :)

Might be a bit tough on the men's egos, but that nippy weather should make the women just that much cuter. :)

ha

Just read an article about a traditional nudist beach in VT that is under threat. It's too bad that certain folks just can't make do with the 99% of beaches that enforce clothes and have to demand 100% clothing compliance everywhere.

Nudists Take Over Vermont Beach - Living on The Huffington Post

I've never tried the nudist lifestyle but would have no objections to it (at home everything is chilly stone, tile and brick so I even wear socks in the summer indoors, unfortunately). I have fond memories of a wedding reception that devolved (evolved?) into skinny-dipping in the pool, and after the first hesitation I was surprised at how non-self-conscious I felt, even in front of the minority of guests who remained clothed (close friends and super-uptight).

Yes, it's always about the kids, isn't it?

Except that these experts of morality and decency never come out and say what exactly is wrong or harmful about kids enjoying Nature nude with their families.

Kids are natural nudists. They have to be taught and reminded to wear bathing costumes. It's natural, fun, comfortable, and human. But the grown-ups seem to know better and think that there's something harmful -- they never say what -- about enjoying skinnydipping.

My guess is that if anyone actually bothered to ask the kids of nudist parents if they enjoy skinnydipping or the nudist experience, the response would be overwhelmingly positive.

Back
Top Bottom