Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

When I was about 8 my parents became nudists. On our first visit I remember us all standing at the check in desk when suddenly everyone dropped their cloths. I was shocked then I was instructed to do the same. Felt very funny for about half an hour then it was amazing how your mind shifts. When your nude and so is everyone else it seems quit natural. To be able to just jump in the pool at any time without changing was wounderful.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:31 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondCor521 View Post
There is one other lady on the board who is at least an occasional nudist with her husband. I'm not sure if she'll see this thread or what the etiquette is of identifying her to you. Maybe one of the moderators can advise.

2Cor521
I will advise. Don't.

BTW, for one downside of too much sun ...

Ha

Old 06-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #43
Dryer sheet wannabe

Send a message via AIM to NudistsInParadise Send a message via Skype™ to NudistsInParadise
Only thing I can say is that I have seen many, many thousands of nudist folks, and none of them had whatever kind of condition is in that photo. I'd suspect there is some other disorder involved in whatever that lady is exhibiting.

Later!

Mike
Old 06-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I will advise. Don't.
Fair enough. I don't think she'd have a problem with it, as she has mentioned it publicly on either this board or one other that I also see her posting to.

No, it's not you, CFB ;-).

2Cor521
"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough, and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact be the first steps of a journey." Violet Baudelaire.
SecondCor521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

Welcome to the board Mike and Marilyn!
I love the nudist lifestyle.....one of my friends is one and has asked me to join her at her lake community this summer for a couple of day trips.
I have been to the nude beach a couple of times and it is absolutely liberating and wonderful to be naked and talk to people at the same time!
Clothes are overrated!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #46

Oh, Citrine, once again, I have to tell you that you are going to have such a great time in Asheville. You will love the folks there. It is a great bohemian art community, with lots of open-minded, easygoing hippie-type folks (but a bit cold for nudists!).

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
It is a great bohemian art community, with lots of open-minded, easygoing hippie-type folks (but a bit cold for nudists!).
Might be a bit tough on the men's egos, but that nippy weather should make the women just that much cuter.

ha
Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #48
Dryer sheet wannabe

Send a message via AIM to NudistsInParadise Send a message via Skype™ to NudistsInParadise
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrine View Post
Welcome to the board Mike and Marilyn!
I love the nudist lifestyle.....<snip> Clothes are overrated!
Very much so! Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you online often.

Regards,

Mike & Marilyn
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #49

Just read an article about a traditional nudist beach in VT that is under threat. It's too bad that certain folks just can't make do with the 99% of beaches that enforce clothes and have to demand 100% clothing compliance everywhere.

Nudists Take Over Vermont Beach - Living on The Huffington Post

I've never tried the nudist lifestyle but would have no objections to it (at home everything is chilly stone, tile and brick so I even wear socks in the summer indoors, unfortunately). I have fond memories of a wedding reception that devolved (evolved?) into skinny-dipping in the pool, and after the first hesitation I was surprised at how non-self-conscious I felt, even in front of the minority of guests who remained clothed (close friends and super-uptight).
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #50
Dryer sheet wannabe

Yes, it's always about the kids, isn't it?

Except that these experts of morality and decency never come out and say what exactly is wrong or harmful about kids enjoying Nature nude with their families.

Kids are natural nudists. They have to be taught and reminded to wear bathing costumes. It's natural, fun, comfortable, and human. But the grown-ups seem to know better and think that there's something harmful -- they never say what -- about enjoying skinnydipping.

My guess is that if anyone actually bothered to ask the kids of nudist parents if they enjoy skinnydipping or the nudist experience, the response would be overwhelmingly positive.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Nice pics but they are lacking people. I guess your laundry bill will be fairly low in retirement.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NudistsInParadise View Post

Except that these experts of morality and decency never come out and say what exactly is wrong or harmful about kids enjoying Nature nude with their families.

Kids are natural nudists. They have to be taught and reminded to wear bathing costumes. It's natural, fun, comfortable, and human. But the grown-ups seem to know better and think that there's something harmful -- they never say what -- about enjoying skinnydipping.

My guess is that if anyone actually bothered to ask the kids of nudist parents if they enjoy skinnydipping or the nudist experience, the response would be overwhelmingly positive.
My mother had some pictures: when I was quite young I would go outside and take off all my clothes (in warm weather of course). Didn't see the point.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #53
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
My mother had some pictures: when I was quite young I would go outside and take off all my clothes (in warm weather of course). Didn't see the point.
For adults, the point of clothing must be sexual decoration. Several posters here have remarked that after a few minutes in a nudist environment, they forget all about bodies and sex.

Who could ever say that after a few minutes at a (clothed) cocktail party?

Ha
Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #54
Dryer sheet wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
... they forget all about bodies and sex.

Who could ever say that after a few minutes at a (clothed) cocktail party?

Ha
Sooo true. Nudity is not about sex. Unfortunately, American marketing, fashion and cosmetics have trained our culture to equate skin with sex. Taking off your clothes is a great equalizer, since you can then relate to people as people, not as status symbols, sex symbols, or other artificial stereotypes. You meet the nicest people when you're nude!

Later,

Mike
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Of course y'all read about the Austrian women's soccer team that beat Germany recently: Streaking to victory in topless match | U.S. | Reuters
Old 06-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #56

Quote:
Taking off your clothes is a great equalizer, since you can then relate to people as people, not as status symbols, sex symbols, or other artificial stereotypes. You meet the nicest people when you're nude!
If someone is able to discriminate because of what someone is wearing, I'm guessing they'll come up with a way to discriminate when there aren't any clothes involved... for some people, it'll always come down to how many stars are on their belly.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #57
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
Of course y'all read about the Austrian women's soccer team that beat Germany recently: Streaking to victory in topless match | U.S. | Reuters
And for those folks that require photographic evidence:

Austrian women streak to victory in topless match - Football - The Press
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #58
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:

I grew up taking regular dips at the local skinny-dipping hole, and look how I turned out. (Ammunition for either side, I reckon.)

Advantages: no wet clothes to bike home in afterwards. Saved on chafing.

Disadvantages: the occasional embarrassing moment when I hit puberty, but hey, good time to work on the back tan. Problem solved.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
And for those folks that require photographic evidence:
Well, Google Images was way behind the "curve" on this one, so I'm glad someone finally got to the "bottom" of the situation.

Gosh, cleanup must have "sucked" Eh, never mind.

I'm sure Jim McMahon is already rallying his marketing troops behind the next Super Bowl pay-per-view halftime show...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #60

hi nudist. not a nudist here but i did once unknowingly wind up at a nudist party back in my 20s (when i looked good nude). after about 20 minutes i became very uncomfortable with all the naked people around me. so i stripped down and felt much better.

i still have an anti-fetish about mixing food with nudity though, not into it. but i think not eating in bed has more to do with crumbs.

meanwhile, just happened to catch your post the other night and then today i found this:

KTRE.com Lufkin and Nacogdoches |Florida Condo Banking On Clothing-Optional Pool

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Florida housing complex has hit on a new idea for selling units in a slumping market, a clothing-optional pool

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote