Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquette View Post
If someone is able to discriminate because of what someone is wearing, I'm guessing they'll come up with a way to discriminate when there aren't any clothes involved... for some people, it'll always come down to how many stars are on their belly.

Sneeches! Everything I need to know, I learned from Dr. Suess

And don't forget the pale green pants with nobody inside them!

Ta,
mews
mews is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Future residents at Cypress Cove
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Future residents at Cypress Cove

Great to hear about your move to Kissimmee! We are in our early 50's and counting down until we make the move to give up full time employment and move to Cypress Cove! We think it offers a great retirement environment with many ammenities that residents don't have to subidize as in other settings. The day pass visitors and RV park residents pay for many of the great facilities. Dining on site is great and many programs to get involved in sports or other hobbies are possible. Close to so many things in Orlando but certainly it's own special utopian lifestyle! Again, we visit several times per year and are saving our $$$'s to make the big move in coming years! Keep us updated how the move from Texas has gone and how you like Florida and the Cove!
MovingtotheCove is offline   Reply With Quote
wow
Old 12-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #63
Confused about dryer sheets

wow

I've never really thought about anything like this. What's it like? Can I visit? Should I lose weight first?
tinaweha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaweha View Post
I've never really thought about anything like this. What's it like? Can I visit? Should I lose weight first?
Depends. How do you look now?

Ha
Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

Reply to wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaweha View Post
Go back and read Mike's post on 6/12....it is good summary of social nudism and Cypress Cove. You can learn a lot at the AANR and Cypress Cove websites. Acceptance of all shapes and sizes of people is at the core of social nudism. Who you are is not categorized by how you look or what job you do.....unlike much of today's society. If you select to give this a try we suggest a visit to Cypress Cove in Kissimmee or another AANR member resort that introduces new and curious members each day. A great group of people that are down to earth and honest is what we have found....refreshing in today's society.
Nudist
Old 12-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #66
Confused about dryer sheets

Nudist

I told my wife I'd like to become A nudist.
She said" I just can't see it! "

Cheers!
vvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets

You'll never know until you give it a try. Many times the spouse that is a bit reluctant at first becomes the one with the most interest after the first experience. When getting to a resort now my wife has her clothes off while I'm still organizing my duffel bag in the car trunk. What a great situation to have a marriage and many nudist friends that appreciate each other as people first and not as either objects of sexual curiousity or who has the most money. Anyway...you don't know if you'll like something like this without a try at it...what a safe and pleasant environmnet to either vacation or live in from our perspective.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #68
Full time employment: Posting here.

BTW...I went to the nudist colony with my Reiki teacher and it was absolutely amazing!!! I got a really nice tan and cannot wait to go back next summer as a member.
citrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Resort vs. Colony
Old 12-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #69
Recycles dryer sheets

Resort vs. Colony

Sorry, but we prefer the nomenclature of Resort vs. Colony. Normal people living in an nice environment not rebelling or living communally.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #70
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvax View Post
I told my wife I'd like to become A nudist.
She said" I just can't see it! "

Cheers!
That's an instant classic!
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #71
Dryer sheet aficionado

I am 53 and my wife 55, and both just semi-retired in June of 09. I am a closet nudist, but alas, live in Minnesota.

We have had a great summer for nudism here, at least August. Very warm and no mosquitoes.

I have a mini-nudie resort in my private backyard garden, with chairs (towels on seat), portable radio, portable fridge, weight-lifting bench and free weights, picnic table, container garden, garden spray for cool-down and charcoal grill. Next year, I hope to have one of those fancy-schmancy resistance pool/spas for exercise and skinny-dipping. I get to have my own private staycation-nakation anytime I feel like it.

But my wife thinks I am insane. Still, she is not a prude - I think it's just the idea that someone could look out of our sunroom windows and see the show. Of course, she would have to invite them in unaware of my activities.

One great side-effect of all of this (despite my rising levels of Vitamin D and lowered blood pressure) is that my boomerang 23 year old son is strongly thinking of moving out!!!

This weekend I had a nudie-cue, and invited her down for some ribs and she took me up on it - but no participation or her part, if you get my drift.

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my wife to take it all off? I would like to snowbird and try out various nudist resorts and will be running the Bare Buns Fun Run at Kaniksu Nudist ranch in Spokane next summer.

For those who haven't sunned their buns in awhile, or if ever, seriously, nudism has incredible benefits. Costs very little, (nothing really) and is nature's original and best cure for depression and anxiety. And their are NO old or ugly people among nudists, just friends!
region2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #72
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by region2 View Post
But my wife thinks I am insane.
Imagine that...
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
This weekend I had a nudie-cue
What exactly is a nudie-cue? Oh..wait...I figured it out...

I used to sunbathe nude in my back yard, but the low flying planes were getting to be a hazard....
Old 08-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

Moving to the Cove will probably be the best resource for you.

Us fair skinned Scots can't imagine the burn we'd get!

Good luck and what a great idea to get your son to move out! I love it! We may need to try this method out on our "roomie" if he overstays his welcome. Ha!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my wife to take it all off?
Hard as it may be to accept, you are likely better off to let your wife form her own opinions and plans in this area.

Two negative things could happen. She could really not like it, and leave you. Or she could really get to liking being naked with other men, and leave you.

More than one husband has come a cropper trying to broaden his wife's supposed narrow outlook.

Ha
Old 08-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #76
Dryer sheet aficionado

Nudie-Que and Other answers

A nudie-que (nudie-cue) is a Bar-B-Q (barbecue) in the buff. Just gotta watch out what meat is getting grilled. This is why aprons were invented.

I have mainly Celt origins - I get transparent by February. But, if I limit my time outdoors to 30 minutes or less in the spring, I do not get burned. Later in the summer I am more sun tolerant.

Regarding my better half. From what I read - there is much less hanky-panky at a nudist resort than your average Rotarian Club. But I agree, when she wants to join me, she will. We did visit a nude beach in Hawaii on our honeymoon at age 30 or so and I think she had a good time.

And regarding our boomeranger - a tried and true solution. And remember, nude housework indoors has none of the risk of inquiring neighbors (with proper window shading), no sunburn risk, and is even more effective in ridding those pesky boomerangers. This solution seems to work well in our house as our boomeranger is our son. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #77
Full time employment: Posting here.

OMG!

This reminds me so much of my own life. My SO's daughter now rings the doorbell and then opens the door ever so slightly to announce herself before coming into the house. My SO does not share my enjoyment of the buff either.

Too funny.
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #78
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am 53 and my wife 55, and both just semi-retired in June of 09. I am a closet nudist, but alas, live in Minnesota.

We have had a great summer for nudism here, at least August. Very warm and no mosquitoes.

I have a mini-nudie resort in my private backyard garden, with chairs (towels on seat), portable radio, portable fridge, weight-lifting bench and free weights, picnic table, container garden, garden spray for cool-down and charcoal grill. Next year, I hope to have one of those fancy-schmancy resistance pool/spas for exercise and skinny-dipping. I get to have my own private staycation-nakation anytime I feel like it.

But my wife thinks I am insane. Still, she is not a prude - I think it's just the idea that someone could look out of our sunroom windows and see the show. Of course, she would have to invite them in unaware of my activities.

One great side-effect of all of this (despite my rising levels of Vitamin D and lowered blood pressure) is that my boomerang 23 year old son is strongly thinking of moving out!!!

This weekend I had a nudie-cue, and invited her down for some ribs and she took me up on it - but no participation or her part, if you get my drift.

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my wife to take it all off? I would like to snowbird and try out various nudist resorts and will be running the Bare Buns Fun Run at Kaniksu Nudist ranch in Spokane next summer.

For those who haven't sunned their buns in awhile, or if ever, seriously, nudism has incredible benefits. Costs very little, (nothing really) and is nature's original and best cure for depression and anxiety. And their are NO old or ugly people among nudists, just friends!

Region -- Okay, I'm curious, what does it mean to be a "closet nudist"? Is that taking your clothes off when alone at home and no one his watching?..got my curiousity going now..

btw..Mike and Marilyn.the original starters of the thread..welcome to the board. Marilyn..years as a mainframer..I know the feeling..but enough shop talk for now...remember..think retirement

Easysurfer
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #79
Dryer sheet aficionado

In follow-up to Easysurfers question.

Everyone gets naked - for bathing and procreational (or non-procreational, but similar) activities. IMHO, this is not nudism. Nor is birthing or breastfeeding.

My definition of a "closet nudist", is someone like me who tries to be naked as much as possible in the privacy of their own home or yard. I just feel more comfortable out of clothes than in clothes. I do nude housework, relaxing, cooking, gardening, exercising, etc. when practical. This can be difficult because of prying eyes of neighbors or passer-bys. I enjoy nude swimming or hiking in remote areas, too.

Social nudists, by my definition, are folks who spend considerable amounts of time in nude communities, like resorts, or parks, or beaches. There is total freedom there. You can do most anything in the raw, either alone or in groups (nude volleyball, nude dances, nude bingo) and never have to worry about prying eyes. Because if you get recognized by a friend at a nude resort, they are just as nude as you are!

I think that there are probably more "closet nudists" than you can imagine. And like me, most of us are not social nudists only because we cannot easily get to a nude resort, or have SOs who just haven't made the jump yet.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #80
Give me a forum ...

I knew a man years ago that was a "closet" nudist. He tried to get his wife to join him, but she just could not bring herself to go to a nudist camp. So, like you, he created a private backyard where no one could see them. She warmed up to the idea and accepted that part of his lifestyle.

Swimming in the nude is a sensational feeling. But I can't see how I could manage domestic chores without clothing. I keep thinking about frying bacon. Then I think about "parts" getting in the way.