Kannon - and I am now Retired :)

kannon

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello all - I have been viewing the various forums and posting numerous questions over the last 6 months. Many thanks to everyone for their advice and knowledge.

So ... it's official. As of 1 Jan 15 I am now classified as a Retired Federal Civil Service worker (yeah!!). Thirty four years in. Been a good ride but time now for others to take on new responsibility and for me to lighten the load and enjoy life a bit more.

Getting up at 0430 hrs and putting in 10-12 hrs a day and supervising too many people and weekends - it ages you.

Now looking forward for more "me" time to get back physically and mentally. More time for volunteering, more time to spell the roses.

I am taking my time to think about my next career - paid or unpaid, technical or non-technical. Who knows. But it has to be fun.

Wishing all retirees a great and prosperous 2015.

Kannon

Hello, welcome to the world of retirement.

If you find yourself looking for books on the subject of what to do next...

Portfolio Life: The New Path to Work, Purpose, and Passion After 50 by David D. Corbett

How to Retire Happy, Wild and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won't Get From Your Financial Advisor by Ernie J. Zelinski

I'm sure there are many books on the subject but I found both of these very interesting.

Best Wishes.

Congratulations, Kannon! Hope you slept in today ;-)

Congratulations!
I've been doing this for 5 years now (goofing off), and I have yet to perfect my technique. I think about that as the ultimate goal!

Congratulations Kannon.

Congratulations on your well earned retirement!

Congrats fellow fed - hope it is all you want and more.

My last day is 1.31.15. It was tough commuting to work today I must admit.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats! And new career? Just say NO!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

Thank you everyone!!! Love the comments, information. See there are other feds on FIRE. Are to FERS or CSRS?

Kannon

Congratulations Kannon! I hope you enjoy retirement.

I'm a retired fed and coming up on the 5 year mark the end of this month. Can't imagine ever working again.

FERS here with a buyout to tide me over till supplement kicks in.

Congrats you will enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom