Lincoln verses Mass Mutal

Altraz

Confused about dryer sheets
Howdy

I just started a new job. My 403B choices are Lincoln or Mass Mutal. Both are heavy load funds. I have no other choice then these two for the 100% match. Which one should I choose and why? ( I am looking at Lincoln. )

You would get better opinions if you would state what specific fund choices you have. Ticker symbols would be good. With load fees, both choices are bad. Your new employer is selling you out for the fees these insurance companies will pay. You definitely don't want to put in anything above what you get the match on.

Sometimes 403b plans can have other choices set up by individuals. You should ask if there are any other options. They won't be mentioned because they don't get their cut if you can set up something at Vanguard.

Hi Al,
thefinancebuff.com did a blog on this awhile back. He suggests contributing up to the level you stop getting the match, then put additional funds in a Roth (if eligible). He did a spreadsheet comparing other options, too. Alternatives to a High Cost 401k Or 403b Plan
Good luck!

Howdy

I just started a new job. My 403B choices are Lincoln or Mass Mutal. Both are heavy load funds. I have no other choice then these two for the 100% match. Which one should I choose and why? ( I am looking at Lincoln. )

I agree with racy's post. Chose the best choice considering loads, ER and past performance and contribute whatever you need to to get the 100% match and then save outside the 403b in a Roth or in a tIRA if you are in a real high tax bracket.

What 2b said. And if there is no employer match, you can setup your own IRA at Vanguard, as well as a taxable account for whatever you want to save above the 401k limits. Nice link above, as well

Good News

My Company on que announced that fideality is now an option. Thanks for the advice. Again I had no real choice all they offered was a one size fits all. ( Their money guru decides for you the same one who picked these dogs with fleas! ) But when they give 100% free money hard to lose!

It a one size fits all. It there S & P 500 funds. I am not allowed to pick and choose !

I had MM and the choices stunk. Whatever you choose, just do up to the match and then contribute the max to a Roth IRA.

Back
Top Bottom