Living like a king on pennies

I still am not fluent in the language but enough to hold a conversation. Fitting in with a good family helps when I was married the chef of police came to welcome me to the community [not invited] but welcome. The whole community here looks out for me and warns when someone is not who they pretend to be. I do show that I have money. I dress like the poor and do not have a car and do not lend money. I do help people I think need help but I do it in a way that they don’t know it’s me. I feel safer here than I have felt for years.

What a fantastic thread, d0ug I must PM you, I am fascinated at what you have done. Congrats at that new baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissogreat
What a fantastic thread, d0ug I must PM you, I am fascinated at what you have done.

What, the part about a 61 year old guy marrying a 17 year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug
...we divorced and I married a Dominican lady we have been together now 4 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug
I’m 65 this year and my wife is 21.

no wonder why everyone is happy and all smiles over there.

Still living life too the fulest

Since the last posting I now have a baby boy one month old. I really enjoy having the family I never had. I guess it's never to late to enjoy your life.
Thank to all the people who replied positively to my postings hope you are enjoying life as I do.

Since the last posting I now have a baby boy one month old. I really enjoy having the family I never had. I guess it's never to late to enjoy your life.
Thank to all the people who replied positively to my postings hope you are enjoying life as I do.

Great news!! Don't be a stranger to the forums, I like living vicariously to some extent through others.......:D

Way to go Doug!

Como se llama?

ha

A good friend of mine, when we were both in our late thirties/early forties loved to rag on his wife, claiming when she turned forty he was going to trade her in for two '20's.

One day at a family gathering he made that comment in front of the wife's grandmother. With a withering stare she looked at my friend and in a voice for the whole gathering to hear proclaimed: "You don't look like you're wired for 220 to me, sonny."

Come to think of it, I don't ever recall him making that joke again ;-)
:D:D:D you GO, grandma!

Living in th D.R.

Hi Doug. JD here. I have been going to the DR almost yearly since 1988. I live here in Ponte Vedra Beach Fl southeast of Jacksonville. My wife (Deb) also loves the DR. We are both into water sports. Me, surfing and windsurfing and Deb, windsurfing...
We have watched Cabarete grow from a sleepy little north coast village to one of the biggest tourist destinations on the whole island. I'm about to retire in Feb and look forward to being able to spend more time down there. I just want you to know "I know how you feel" about the place. Not only is it a beautiful place but the Dominican people are the friendliest I have ever met anywhere, period! Congrats to you for biting the bullet and making the move. I really do envy you and wish you and your new family all the luck in the world... Maybe I'll see you in Marsh if you get around Cabarete... Later, JD :cool:

Cabarete is certainly a place that I intend to visit again some day. I enjoy windsurfing as well, and prior to that visit I thought that I was pretty good at it. I learned to windsurf on Canadian lakes, which translates to mild wind usually and waves all the way up to your ankles. I was battered, bruised, and mildly humiliated from my efforts in DR.

The greatest thing was watching the dozens of windsurfers and kitesurfers out there.

Apart from the crummy air quality due to small 2 cycle motorcycles everywhere, it was my favorite place to just walk around.

JD before you leave PM me and I will give you my telephone number, so you can give me a call when you arrive. I'm about 35miles from Puerto Plata.

Hi Grizz... Cabarete's waves will humble you <VBG>. I'm fortunate to live coastal here in Florida and actually learned to windsurf back in the early 80's out in the ocean with the waves battering me black and blue. I finally figured the friggin thing out and learned to jibe and water start. Then it actually became "FUN"... My wife also enjoys the waves so we go back down to Cabarete as often as we can. I know what you mean (re: the 2cycle polution) but the wind usually comes up around 1 to 3pm and blows it all away. Just gotta lay low in the mornings.... Later, JD

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and are going to stay for a day and look around. Never been to Florida before. Anything we should check out near Ft. Lauderdale? (bringing the kids, ages 9 and 11). Then we are hopping on a cruise ship bound for among other places, the Panama Canal. I can't wait to get out of here. It was -40 deg on Saturday, and I had to work outside in it for two hours. It's no wonder I dream of early retirement!

Hi Grizz. I was born and raised in S Fla (Miami) before moving to N/E Fla some 35 years ago. Your in for quite a change. It was near 80 here today, so probably 85 in S Fla. It's really beautiful down there. Very tropical but there's just too many people there for my taste. If possible, get the kids to the beach. The waters awesome down there so be sure to bring the bathing suites. My older brother and sister live in Davie and Tamarac near there. Have fun and be safe. You guys will have a "BLAST"... Enjoy, JD

The life stile here in the DR is very different. I’m 65 this year and my wife is 21. I have not had one person here mention the age difference. If I were in Canada, USA or Europe there would be many people complaining. It is the beliefs and values in the DR that makes the difference. I guess that they think if you’re happy it is your business. It is hard for people to change their beliefs and values when they visit another country

I'll be down in the DR in April as one of my nephew's is getting married there. Can't wait to check out all the young 21 year old babes when I get there. I'm only 54 so this should be like taking candy from a baby. Not even taking the golf clubs on this trip.:D

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and are going to stay for a day and look around. Never been to Florida before. Anything we should check out near Ft. Lauderdale? (bringing the kids, ages 9 and 11). Then we are hopping on a cruise ship bound for among other places, the Panama Canal. I can't wait to get out of here. It was -40 deg on Saturday, and I had to work outside in it for two hours. It's no wonder I dream of early retirement!

There is a restaurant called Jaxson's which makes their own ice cream. Very good.

Been there when I contracted with the navy
went back on my honeymoon.

I'll be down in the DR in April as one of my nephew's is getting married there. Can't wait to check out all the young 21 year old babes when I get there. I'm only 54 so this should be like taking candy from a baby. Not even taking the golf clubs on this trip.:D

Your not old enough yet for a 21 year old you will probably have to settle for an eighteen year old. Just kidding hope you enjoy your trip down here.

Back
Top Bottom