Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #161
Recycles dryer sheets

JD before you leave PM me and I will give you my telephone number, so you can give me a call when you arrive. I'm about 35miles from Puerto Plata.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #162
Confused about dryer sheets

Hi Grizz... Cabarete's waves will humble you <VBG>. I'm fortunate to live coastal here in Florida and actually learned to windsurf back in the early 80's out in the ocean with the waves battering me black and blue. I finally figured the friggin thing out and learned to jibe and water start. Then it actually became "FUN"... My wife also enjoys the waves so we go back down to Cabarete as often as we can. I know what you mean (re: the 2cycle polution) but the wind usually comes up around 1 to 3pm and blows it all away. Just gotta lay low in the mornings.... Later, JD

Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #163
Recycles dryer sheets

We're leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and are going to stay for a day and look around. Never been to Florida before. Anything we should check out near Ft. Lauderdale? (bringing the kids, ages 9 and 11). Then we are hopping on a cruise ship bound for among other places, the Panama Canal. I can't wait to get out of here. It was -40 deg on Saturday, and I had to work outside in it for two hours. It's no wonder I dream of early retirement!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #164

Hi Grizz. I was born and raised in S Fla (Miami) before moving to N/E Fla some 35 years ago. Your in for quite a change. It was near 80 here today, so probably 85 in S Fla. It's really beautiful down there. Very tropical but there's just too many people there for my taste. If possible, get the kids to the beach. The waters awesome down there so be sure to bring the bathing suites. My older brother and sister live in Davie and Tamarac near there. Have fun and be safe. You guys will have a "BLAST"... Enjoy, JD
Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #165

That would be the king of Thailand, no?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #166
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
The life stile here in the DR is very different. Iím 65 this year and my wife is 21. I have not had one person here mention the age difference. If I were in Canada, USA or Europe there would be many people complaining. It is the beliefs and values in the DR that makes the difference. I guess that they think if youíre happy it is your business. It is hard for people to change their beliefs and values when they visit another country
I'll be down in the DR in April as one of my nephew's is getting married there. Can't wait to check out all the young 21 year old babes when I get there. I'm only 54 so this should be like taking candy from a baby. Not even taking the golf clubs on this trip.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #167
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
We're leaving tomorrow morning for Florida and are going to stay for a day and look around. Never been to Florida before. Anything we should check out near Ft. Lauderdale? (bringing the kids, ages 9 and 11). Then we are hopping on a cruise ship bound for among other places, the Panama Canal. I can't wait to get out of here. It was -40 deg on Saturday, and I had to work outside in it for two hours. It's no wonder I dream of early retirement!
There is a restaurant called Jaxson's which makes their own ice cream. Very good.

Been there when I contracted with the navy
went back on my honeymoon.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #168
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg54 View Post
I'll be down in the DR in April as one of my nephew's is getting married there. Can't wait to check out all the young 21 year old babes when I get there. I'm only 54 so this should be like taking candy from a baby. Not even taking the golf clubs on this trip.
Your not old enough yet for a 21 year old you will probably have to settle for an eighteen year old. Just kidding hope you enjoy your trip down here.