Long time lurker......1st time poster

Jimmer25

Dryer sheet wannabe
I have enjoyed countless hours reading over different posts. Some have been needless bantering while others are very informative. Regardless, thanks for continuing entertainment.

Oh yeah...4 more years for me. DW will likely stay with MegaCorp a few years longer till the kids get into college.

Jimmer

Welcome Jimmer25!

And there is a difference between needless bantering and pointless bantering.:D

I disagree - one is unnecessary while the other is groundless.

I'm going to need to know what your point is. :D

A day without banter is like a day without a point.

PS: Welcome to the boards, Jimmer!

Last edited:
I have enjoyed countless hours reading over different posts. Some have been needless bantering while others are very informative...

Can a post be both? What is unique about this forum is that we have many informed banterers.

Hmm... How about bantering informers?

Welcome aboard.

In the event that you notice the post count fall to what you feel to be a critically low number, feel free to post any one of the following questions:

1. What age should I take Social Security at?
2. Should I carry a mortgage into retirement, or sell some of my portfolio to pay it off?
3. How do I factor the value of a pension (w/ or w/o COLA) into my net worth?
4. Has anyone been thriftier than me in any of the following areas?
a) Cars
b) Cable TV
c) Clothing
d) Home repairs
5. Should I plan to spend all of my money or should I continue to grow net worth until the day I croak?
6. Even though I have a huge pile of cash, portfolio, two pensions, and no heirs, please help me justify working for a few more years.
7. I am 28 years old, have minimal savings, do I have enough to retire now if I live frugally and make money writing a blog?
8. Cats or Dogs?

For extra fun, try combining two of the above into one post!

Guaranteed to stir up the post count and bring the beast back to life!

Good list, but you missed one topic.

9. For a married couple, if one is working while the other is not, can the loafer call him/herself FIRE'd?

Yeah number 9 is good. I think I'll consider myself a loafer, since that's how most my friends will see it.

I see nothing wrong with being a kept woman. It pays well, the hours are good and lotsa folks are unsure just what the title means. I sometimes just say I'm a stay-at-home-mom to two dogs--now that is a bit of work, but worth it.

Why is a stay at home mom viewed as a caring parent and a stay at home dad is just another guy in a bath robe that needs to shave and look for a job?

The list is priceless. You nailed it!

Welcome aboard.

In the event that you notice the post count fall to what you feel to be a critically low number, feel free to post any one of the following questions:

1. What age should I take Social Security at?
2. Should I carry a mortgage into retirement, or sell some of my portfolio to pay it off?
3. How do I factor the value of a pension (w/ or w/o COLA) into my net worth?
4. Has anyone been thriftier than me in any of the following areas?
a) Cars
b) Cable TV
c) Clothing
d) Home repairs
5. Should I plan to spend all of my money or should I continue to grow net worth until the day I croak?
6. Even though I have a huge pile of cash, portfolio, two pensions, and no heirs, please help me justify working for a few more years.
7. I am 28 years old, have minimal savings, do I have enough to retire now if I live frugally and make money writing a blog?
8. Cats or Dogs?

For extra fun, try combining two of the above into one post!

Guaranteed to stir up the post count and bring the beast back to life!

Back
Top Bottom