Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Welcome! Another engineer here (EE!). These boards do tend to draw those with math skills and a penchant for spreadsheets. ;-)

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm also an EE. And my son is getting his MSEE next month. Heavens to Murgatroyd!

Old 05-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubill View Post
Hi Robert, My NU is Northeastern, back in my day we had a football team and John Calhoun was the basketball coach for the NU Huskies. Haven't put up an avatar yet, maybe the Red and Black "N" will work. Worked with a Northwestern grad (business school) during my career. Very fine school.
I graduated from NU as well, EMBA '86
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-papa View Post
Welcome! Another engineer here (EE!). These boards do tend to draw those with math skills and a penchant for spreadsheets. ;-)
Thanks Big Papa, I still keep about 5 spreadsheets still active. One of them goes back to the 1990's. It may have been originally created in Lotus 1-2-3, then converted to Excel. When Microsoft came out with Windows 8 a few years back, I made the switch to a Mac. Now the spreadsheets have been converted to OpenOffice.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfudtuckerpucker View Post
I'm also an EE. And my son is getting his MSEE next month. Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Congratulations on your son getting his Masters. Hope you told him his MSEE has a half life of 5 years. Only kidding, I read somewhere if your son chooses your profession, it shows his love and respect toward you. My son is a Chemical Engineer, he calls himself a glorified plumber, I have know idea what he is showing me.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I graduated from NU as well, EMBA '86
Another Huskie. Have you been to the annual reunion in Ft. Myers, FL? They opened another campus in Charlotte, but there is not a Punter's Pub nearby.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubill View Post
Thanks Philliefan33, is your avatar from the Narrows at Zion? Here is picture from the Navajo Loop Trail.

Yes, my avatar pic is from the Narrows hike.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:13 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliefan33 View Post
Yes, my avatar pic is from the Narrows hike.
Love Zion. We have not done the Narrows yet. We did Angels Landing in 2014 and were going back in 2017. They are now buses in Bryce, newer roads and bike trails added last year and raised the entrance fee. My $10 lifetime pass came in handy. DW wants to know when we are moving there.