Made the Decision

Samg

Confused about dryer sheets
All,

45 YO single with 3 Kids and pulled the trigger this summer and looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

I feel I'm in good shape but have some questions on healthcare and looking for some assistance.

Currently have 2.75M, mostly outside of 401K or areas that could limit withdrawals.

Owe 200K on a 525k house with a very low interest rate and not looking to payoff as I'll be leaving my house in about 4 years when my last child leaves for college.

My annual expenses are under $84,000 and will be withdrawing $21,000 per quarter and adding in inflation on an annual basis.

2 questions - Firecalc has me at 100%, does the annual withdrawal entered into the calculator factor in inflation? 84,000 increases yearly or the $84,000 is stable without increase for 40 years.

2nd, I'm really confused on how and where to get health insurance. My former company is paying until January 31, 2017. I'm not entirely sure what to do. My ex covers the children.

Thanks for the responses and I look forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Sam

Welcome.

Firecalc would be including an inflation factor.

You can look online for your State about health coverage, they should have a website.
There are probably rules about when you can sign up, and exceptions to the rule since you will have coverage until Jan 31 2017.

I will say, while you say your expenses are below $84K, I think you will find health insurance to be expensive, but you may be able to "trick" the system for ACA credits since some of your income won't be taxable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom