Join Early Retirement Today
Made the Decision
Old 08-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets
Made the Decision

45 YO single with 3 Kids and pulled the trigger this summer and looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

I feel I'm in good shape but have some questions on healthcare and looking for some assistance.

Currently have 2.75M, mostly outside of 401K or areas that could limit withdrawals.

Owe 200K on a 525k house with a very low interest rate and not looking to payoff as I'll be leaving my house in about 4 years when my last child leaves for college.

My annual expenses are under $84,000 and will be withdrawing $21,000 per quarter and adding in inflation on an annual basis.

2 questions - Firecalc has me at 100%, does the annual withdrawal entered into the calculator factor in inflation? 84,000 increases yearly or the $84,000 is stable without increase for 40 years.

2nd, I'm really confused on how and where to get health insurance. My former company is paying until January 31, 2017. I'm not entirely sure what to do. My ex covers the children.

Thanks for the responses and I look forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Samg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Firecalc would be including an inflation factor.

You can look online for your State about health coverage, they should have a website.
There are probably rules about when you can sign up, and exceptions to the rule since you will have coverage until Jan 31 2017.

I will say, while you say your expenses are below $84K, I think you will find health insurance to be expensive, but you may be able to "trick" the system for ACA credits since some of your income won't be taxable.

Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Check out for health insurance.
If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
Confused about dryer sheets
Perfect, thank you.
Samg is offline   Reply With Quote