Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Don't think so much.

Seriously, sometimes all the purpose you need in life is to be good to your fellow humans, do some good deeds for others in worse shape than you are, and bring a smile to someone's lonely or sad face. The possibilities are endless, and you often don't have to look too far to find someone to help.
Quote of the day
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Seriously, sometimes all the purpose you need in life is to be good to your fellow humans, do some good deeds for others in worse shape than you are, and bring a smile to someone's lonely or sad face. The possibilities are endless, and you often don't have to look too far to find someone to help.
Seriously, when I've felt depressed in the past, I was always successful overcoming that by doing kind things for someone else! I'm not sure what you're responding to but I agree with your comment. The point of my message was more focused on my work life and my quest to make up for lack of satisfaction in that arena in the past, not my personal life. Being good to others and doing good deeds at work may make you well liked (can also get you in trouble! ) but there's more to the satisfaction I'm seeking.
BradMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #63
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52andout View Post
All I know is since we left the workforce we constantly wonder how we ever found time to work. We go days without turning a TV on, there are so many books to read, gardens to tend, volunteer organizations to help, recipes to try, home projects to finish etc. etc. etc. DH built some beautiful furniture and several wooden boats, I have made quilts and got involved in a pottery studio. All fun and rewarding. And it is great to travel off season when everyone else has to work and be able to grab the cheapest airfare because you can be flexible in your travel dates. We take long bike rides, spend time at the YMCA and Yoga studio or hiking. My DIL's know if they have a childcare emergency they only have to call and I'll be in the car on the way- they don't live too close so it is definitely an occasional thing, but I love it.

You get out of life what you put into it.
Awesome post! This inspires me to keep working toward this goal...
WB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Don't think so much.

This Makes sense, if you don't think about it too much.
WB52 is offline   Reply With Quote