Millionaire

Attachments

• Wings.jpg
    Wings.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 355
I always thought the 4% SWR used up the principal over a 30 year period and you died broke.

You can use up the principal and die broke (the plan is deemed a success if this occurs but you aren't in debt). However, there is a good chance that you will not, in fact, die broke and won't use up the principal.

You could call the Wellesley/4% investment plan a secret, charge a lot for the advice and make it hard to learn, then people might believe it.

LOL,really a good thread, obviously the OP doesn't get it, reminds me of some Buddhists I meditate with (and I think this would be true of other religions/philosophies) who laugh at the folks who think they have some kind of secret. They are happy to share, even shout from the rooftops but the secret is.....most people are not listening. So it seems like a secret.

I always thought the 4% SWR used up the principal over a 30 year period and you died broke.

As I recall, you can eliminate that possibility if you use a 3% SWR instead of 4%.

Or, you could live on dividends and never sell a share of anything except to rebalance. As I recall, my dividends are around 3% or so right now. The principal has veered around during the year, naturally, due to market conditions.

This thread is why I enjoy lurking here a lot. I'm about to fall out of my chair laughing.:ROFLMAO:
If the OP would hang around longer, he'd get it!:LOL:
Don't run off Monkey1950. Just pay attention!
Your answers are everywhere!!!:whistle:

Yep...you'd think a person that chose the user name Monkey would have a sense of humor...

Welcome , What everybody is trying to tell you is that a Million yields $40,000 . Unfortunately the days of a million being really big bucks and bringing images of servants and lots of luxury are over . If you can live on $40,000 you can retire and live on the money . If not regroup !

As I recall, you can eliminate that possibility if you use a 3% SWR instead of 4%.

Or, you could live on dividends and never sell a share of anything except to rebalance. As I recall, my dividends are around 3% or so right now. The principal has veered around during the year, naturally, due to market conditions.

- If you live on all your dividends, the principal must grow at the same rate as inflation, right?

Lets' get right to it. I'm 59 1/2. How can I live off $1million without touching prin?

Become an expat. Run a "massage parlor" in a foreign land rake in profits. Send some of the royalties to me because of my brilliant plan.

Happy New Year you Monkey!

Back
Top Bottom