My Introduction

Llep

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello Everyone. I just wanted to officially say hi. I am 52 and I have my fingers tightly crossed that this is a year of big changes for me on the ER front. I have lurked here for a long time soaking in the great info. I have lived a lifetime with chronic LBYM and I am hoping to avoid OMY syndrome. I have nothing of great import to say or ask today other than to say hi and thanks for all of the good info you have collectively posted.

Welcome, Llep! We'd love to hear more of your back story some day, if you care to share.

omni

Congratulations on your decision to Er in 2015. We would really like to hear your story so far in life. Best wishes for an awesome ER!

Welcome, and I'm glad to see another long term lurker finally join the forum, as I did in mid 2013. Be careful, posting here can become addictive.

Thanks for coming out of the closet! Lol. Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Another welcome to the forum. Post up some questions with more details if you need some reassurance.

Bump. Update. Today is day one of my (first?) retirement! After almost 25 years I had my last day yesterday. Gave a three week notice, transitioned my duties smoothly, had a great goodbye lunch and a nice party. Lots of interest in how I pulled it off at 52. I gave the stock answer of never having kids but one who knows me better shouted out at the party, "How long have you owned that car you drive?" To which I had to answer "over 17 years", a very public admission of LBYM syndrome! So it is Day One but it really hasn't sunk in yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations! Sounds like you are going out with class. LOL about the car thing. I have had the same car (Honda Civic) for 19 years, and my attorney colleagues - who are still working - used to laugh at me for holding on to it. Who's laughing now?

Last edited:
one who knows me better shouted out at the party, "How long have you owned that car you drive?" To which I had to answer "over 17 years", a very public admission of LBYM syndrome! So it is Day One but it really hasn't sunk in yet!

Welcome and good for you!!

After 17 years with the same car, I don't think anyone on his LBYM forum would flinch if you eventually celebrated with getting a newer (NOT NEW!!) model. :cool:

Congrats!!

Congratulations! I hope you post a bit about whatever adventures you discover in this next stage!

Congrats. We have been retired since Feb. 3, of this year and still haven't had time to process we are retired. Too busy. Hope your retirement is all you want it to be and more!

Luv the car thing. Maybe some coworkers will think about that differently seeing you walk away. With that said, get some wheels from this decade, for the safety features. Used, of course. Enjoy!

Congratulations! I am in week three of retirement. I haven't thought about w*rk since day two -- as someone else said, too busy. All those years of LBYM definitely pay off!!

congrats..... day 548 of freedom...lovin' it... enjoy yourself!

Congratulations! There are lots of us LBYMers here. My vehicle is a 2002. My DH has 2 vehicles that are newer than mine though. I had my first retirement in 06/2006 and then took a low stress part-time job in 03/2010. I completely retired from any work 5/15/15. I do not plan on ever going back to work. I love not having a schedule again!

Welcome and nice to meet you

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

..."How long have you owned that car you drive?" To which I had to answer "over 17 years", a very public admission of LBYM syndrome!

I can definitely relate to that age of a vehicle. As long as it gets you from point A to point B safely, it's still good to go!

I can definitely relate to that age of a vehicle. As long as it gets you from point A to point B safely, it's still good to go!
I have the added requirement of air conditioning still working and no large maintenance/repair bills but aside from those, I agree. :p

Back
Top Bottom