Nearly there and happily working

Architect

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All,
We're nearly there, just joined the 1M club, early 40's, I work in software (architecture). Funny thing is I actually like my job, I think I'd FIRE just to get to do more interesting computer work.
Glad to meet ya :)

Hi and welcome.

1M is a good amount, especially if you started out with less than that.

Nice round number.:) How do you have it invested? Might as well keep working if you love your job. Some of us have found out that the larger the number, the better. Bear markets are a bear. :(

Funny thing is I actually like my job, I think I'd FIRE just to get to do more interesting computer work.

I enjoy software development and R & D. I didn't enjoying doing it in American commercial or gov't settings. I did enjoy working overseas, but in this case it was mainly the fun of being an expatriate overshadowing the pain of corporate politics.

Now I'm doing extremely interesting software R & D as an entrepreneur; the trick is figuring out how to make money while having fun.

Welcome to the ERFs! :)

Hi folks,
The money is invested in the yield curve. Short term stuff which is available in my 401k, the money in hand is out in longer bonds to enjoy falling interest rates.

Now I'm doing extremely interesting software R & D as an entrepreneur; the trick is figuring out how to make money while having fun.

I've heard that's the trick ...

Back
Top Bottom