July 2014. update - 11 months and counting down to FIRE... Also turned 45. !!
1. Hopefully stay on track to retire before my 46 th birthday.
2. Spent a few weeks vac in June at proposed home-base retirement location and the stress melted away. Know it's getting to be FIRE time - suddenly I needs reading glasses and have some arthritis in my finger joints too. Damn. Getting old on top of it all.
3. Also had a chat with my boss today about my thinking and timeline.
4. So. Now to stay motivated. Not sure how to do that as my mind keeps wandering in those BS corp staff meetings about what's next.
5. I think I need to focus a bit more on my own what's next in the off hours. Big changes ahead. And I have a small business idea that I am sort of itching to develop into a biz plan and evaluate more fully
6 The plan month by month
August 2014 - Jan 2015 . - Biz as usual
Feb - March - transition to backfill
April-June 2015 - Burn vacation and older son graduate HS
July 1 2015 - target FIRE.
7 That should put me retired right before I turn 46 with one kid graduated HS and hopefully on to college...and one kid finished with freshman year of HS.
8 Hoping to work out some form of separation package even if small one - could use to repair the house or help pay for college tuition for my kids. Let's see..
Thanks for letting me share and write down my goals. That study about writing down your goals is spot on target.
And I learned today it didn't come from Harvard in 1953 or Yale in 1979 too.