New here, considering early retirement offer

Sorry for my long delay in responding - didn't mean to leave this thread "in suspense". I have decided to decline the offer. The biggest factor was whether I could really achieve the reduction in work... and knowing me and my interests - particularly when some of my work activities are directly aligned with my hobbies - it would feel more like I was taking a pay cut to work close to the same amount of time.

Also - and this may sound strange - the more detailed analysis we did, including from our financial planner - showed that we were really in good shape for retirement... so for now I'm going to keep going and saving and investing and "practicing" our planned retirement lifestyle. If my company lays me off before I choose - so be it.

Of course, there are things that might sway my mind. Maybe as I get more knowledge from this forum. And if things go according to plan (a big if of course), should they make the offer a year from now I would be more likely to take it, with more savings and a couple of major unknowns resolved.

All of the advice I received was great, thanks very much!

Back
Top Bottom