GTH2016

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone. I have lurked here for several months. I had always planned to work until I was 55 or older but following a divorce four years ago I realized that my frugal lifestyle would allow me to retire about 4 years from now at age 50. I never realized how much my ex wife spent on the whole high consumption lifestyle. I have been with a woman who is as frugal as me for the past three years and it makes all the difference having a partner who is on-board. I never knew there were so many like minded people out there.

Welcome aboard, GTH.

Yes, LBYM and frugality are certainly helpful in enabling an early retirement. You'll find many kindred spirits here.

omni

Welcome to the site. Finding a partner that is of like mindset can make all the difference in the world. :cool: Having the wrong one is like :banghead: and I have been lucky to find one on the same page as me (most of the time). :LOL:

T-bird
Class of 2013 (5 w*rking days to go)
DW Class of 2012

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about the differences in spending between spouses. I am the saver and my DW is the spender. But I am slowly converting her. As she gets closer to ER, she is seeing the light that money spent on "stuff" is not as important as money spent of memories.

Good luck on your future ER.

Yes, I totally agree that the same or very similar mindset on finances and spending is imperative in a family in order to reach the same goal. If different lifestyles are involved I think it will be like one pushing a car and another pulling back. I wish you luck with your current partner.

Yeah, similar beliefs about money is now an important selection criterion for me. I used to think that you could just work that stuff out, but I don't think so anymore.

Welcome.

Welcome from another forum member who is also LBYM.

Hello everyone. I have lurked here for several months. I had always planned to work until I was 55 or older but following a divorce four years ago I realized that my frugal lifestyle would allow me to retire about 4 years from now at age 50. I never realized how much my ex wife spent on the whole high consumption lifestyle. I have been with a woman who is as frugal as me for the past three years and it makes all the difference having a partner who is on-board. I never knew there were so many like minded people out there.

Welcome,

No question, there is much to be cherished in having a frugal like minded spouse/significant other vs one that wants to spend like the world is about to end.

Back
Top Bottom