New Member- Hello-

Catch22

Confused about dryer sheets
HI:)

It is nice to finally be acknowledging that retirement is in the future. I am 51.

Not sure if I can slow the pace down to retire as I have been driven for so long and worked diligently for so many years. A few days off at home and I am climbing the walls.
I have to learn to relax all over again, read books, and enjoy movies, long vacations.

Plan on retiring in 5 years, over $1mm in 401K, 700K investments, no mortgage, or debt. Real estate valued at over $900K.
Looking for advice on Health Care coverage options for future retirement at age 56 for my wife and I.

Welcome - love the name "Catch22"...! It's perfect.

Health care coverage is always a problem. There's a whole forum section here dealing with it - check there.

Congratulations on heading toward retirement - you'll be able to transition although it may take a while to realize how much stress you have removed from your life! :dance:

thinker25 said:
Welcome - love the name "Catch22"...! It's perfect.

Health care coverage is always a problem. There's a whole forum section here dealing with it - check there.

Congratulations on heading toward retirement - you'll be able to transition although it may take a while to realize how much stress you have removed from your life! :dance:

Thanks
And yes definitely..dance

Not sure if I can slow the pace down to retire as I have been driven for so long and worked diligently for so many years. A few days off at home and I am climbing the walls. I have to learn to relax all over again, read books, and enjoy movies, long vacations.
Welcome to the forum. Others have spoken to your health care question.

You're not alone with the above comment either. I would recommend you check out Work Less, Live More by Clyatt and/or How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free by Zelinski from your bookstore or library. I found them both very helpful, especially the Get-A-Life-Tree exercise in Zelinski's books.

And there are other good books that deal with other than how much $ you need to retire ($ are the easy, but not simple part, IMO).

Back
Top Bottom