New members checking in:)

gnorris51

Confused about dryer sheets
Just found this forum and Lovin' it!

My husband and I retired last year @55 after long government careers and we are having a ball. We were lucky with real estate investments and his pension so we are basically feeling pretty good. We have one more child to put through college (four out of five done) and just two more years. We live in Annapolis in our dream house and are in reasonably good health - we love to camp and also to cruise. We are embarking on our fourth cruise to the Med on the QE2 in July.

We did many of the things we read in the retire early books - we lived below our means; we were the pay as you go type and we diversified our investments.

We are now struggling with the decision as to whether or not to get the long term care insurance or self insure - and would welcome any input.

Best Regards!

Hammock

The QE2 on a cruise. Oh drool. That is on my list of must do vacations.

Re. LTC insurance. Lots of info at the AARP website, start there. This is a good time to think about this stuff since the rates will be lower should you purchase while in your fifties. DH and I did not go that route. We intend to age in place (our home) so we went with a program that will let us do that while bringing services in to us. Good luck in your search and happy retirement.

Reply to your Long term Care

Congrats on your retirement and truly jealous on the cruise. I know someone who is an expert on long term care and she will not try to "sell" you. She will answer all your questions. I can have her email you if you'd like.

LTC insurance has been discussed many, many times on this forum. You can use the search feature to find the relevant threads. You may not come to a conclusion based on reading them, but you will certainly get a broad sample of the possible opinions on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom