New retiree from Alabama

RetireDon

Confused about dryer sheets
I have recently sold my business and moved to a golf course community near Birmingham, AL. I am 62 years young, just signed up for Social Security and am trying to generate some extra income for retirement without going back to work. (I have two sons in college and need all I can get for the next few years!)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

RetireDon

Welcome! I'm from east central Mississippi, just a couple of hours from you. I'm very familiar with your area. I have a nephew in Pelham and have a niece going to Bama. Hope my Dogs beat them again this year. >:D

Hope you enjoy your retirement as I have so far. Another pretty day on the golf course today. :)

Welcome and look around

We look forward to your contributions and discussion of additional income.

Welcome RetireDon! It's a great forum with lots of very knowledgeable people. Look forward to getting to know you.

TG

Welcome Don,
Glad you found the forums. I am sure you will find a ton of information here that may help you in your retirement. Use the Search function to see if there has already been some discussion on your areas of interest...chances are it has.

Keep in mind that income earned while getting SS may impact your benefits. You should check out the social security web site to see the rules on income vs benefits and taxes before you decide on how to generate more income in retirement.

Good luck and welcome to the retiree club; you are in good company.

Congrats on the retirement Don!

I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods (UA grad).

Back
Top Bottom