New to forum

Bailer

Dryer sheet wannabe
I've been enjoying this site for over a year.  It's one of my favorites.

I am in my late 40's and ER'd (with a modest income) about five years ago, thanks mostly to owner occupying rental property for about 15 years and letting tenants cover most housing expenses and socking away the savings.    I have always been a LBYM type, no surprise there.

Hi Bailer,

Welcome to the forumn. Real estate has been a winner the last five or so years, so you are lucky. Any questions for us?

Hey Bailer, welcome to the forum.  Just wanted to let you know my wife and I are in a similar situation and real estate was very good to us and still is.

This forum should help you out as far as investment advise and how to better live in early retirement, but I find that there is not a whole lot of support for real estate minded investors (maybe because some of them don't understand or see the big picture)  I still haven't figured out why. :-\   But we have kinda formed our own little group here.   

I look forward to hearing your story and bouncing new ideas around.  One thing I have found from RE investors is that we all tend to have our niche' and we all tend to do things just a little differently.  A lot can depend on your location and what the market gives you but also where your talent is.  That is why I like it, because to me, it's never boring, and it is an always changing environment.  So it always keeps my interest and am always learning. 

Feel free to PM me or better yet, respond again with your story.  I'd love to hear it.   

gtmeouttahere said:
... but I find that there is not a whole lot of support for real estate minded investors (maybe because some of them don't understand or see the big picture) I still haven't figured out why. :-\

... A lot can depend on your location and what the market gives you but also where your talent is.

Gtmeout, I think you answered your own question. ;) Many of us ER's and ER wannabes didn't get here via real estate investments. That's neither good nor bad, it's just that "talent" thing you mentioned.

Bailer, I think you will find there are lots of ways people have reached or are working toward attaining FI status on their road to ER. Learning about those differnent approaches is one of the real benefits of this board.

Welcome to the forum. :)

We got to FI primarily through rental real estate. Now we are mostly out of the business, though we do have interests as passive investors in a few projects, all of which are now converted to condos and are selling off units.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am strictly a small-timer in real estate, and don't plan any changes. I enjoy this site for the depth and sophistication on several topics (portfolio allocation, health insurance, LTC.... I have no questions right now, but in the future I will be sure to ask!

Back
Top Bottom