new to site and retirement and loving it

Fish

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello, I have been retired for all of 3 months after deciding to take the plunge last fall at 53 years old. My wife is 54 and we have been married for 30+ years. I was lucky enough to work for a great employee owned construction company for 25 years and ended up with a substantial LS buyout. I have part invested now in balanced funds, a CD ladder, and Berkshire Hathaway, and am starting a plan to dollar cost average into a series of funds that together provide balance. I'd love input on ideas to invest a significant part of my net worth in the turbulence of today. Thanks much.

Welcome aboard Steve. You live in a beautiful place, and now you have the time to really enjoy it. Poke around a bit and you will find many investment discussions here. What sort of investing background do you have? The answer to that question will dictate the type of responses you may get.

Welcome aboard. Also recommend that you do some reading (try some of the links in the Early Retirement FAQs section) and then maybe try some more specific investment questions. Without knowledge of your risk tolerance, asset allocation plan, overall investment strategy, etc. you probably won't get a lot of input.

You will probably hear from HaHa and you can commiserate with each other regarding the weather in the Northeast.

t.r.

Steve

Congratulations. I head out end of the year. Any good suggestions for last minute planning - or how to handle that first month off work.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom