Join Early Retirement Today

New to the ER forum
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

New to the ER forum

New to the ER forum, last day of work March 31, 2005 after 42 years of work at the same company.* Started when I was 18 and now I am 60.* I believe 60 qualifies as early, if only two years.*

Pat my wife "retired" seven years ago when she was 48.*

Just adjusting to not working and enjoying it.* Bought a Motorhome
in 2003 and love traveling in it.*

Will keep the house on the water as home base,* Life is good!

Bob Michigan<br />Blue Water Isles, Michigan<br />North Channel Saint Clair River<br />&quot;Chain of Lakes&quot; Lake; Saint Clair,<br />Huron, Michigan, Superior, Erie and<br />Ontario.&nbsp; Saint Lawerence Seaway and the Atlantic
Bob Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: New to the ER forum
Old 06-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Michigan
New to the ER forum, last day of work March 31, 2005 after 42 years of work at the same company.* Started when I was 18 and now I am 60.* I believe 60 qualifies as early, if only two years.*

Pat my wife "retired" seven years ago when she was 48.*

Just adjusting to not working and enjoying it.* Bought a Motorhome
in 2003 and love traveling in it.*

Will keep the house on the water as home base,* Life is good!
Sounds good. What part of Michigan? I have lived/worked all over the state.

JG

Old 06-12-2005, 12:06 PM   #3

Bob,

Working for the same company demostrates loyalty. Well, how do you keep a house on water in Lake Michigan?

Spanky
Old 06-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
Confused about dryer sheets

Southeast Michigan, North and East of Detroit about 42 miles. We are on a cannel off the North Channel of the Saint Clair River just north of Lake Saint Clair.

Bought the lot in 1984, designed and built the house “on the land” in 1985-86 moved in 1986. That was a dream and goal of mine to design and also build a house myself since I was very young. Kind of a hobby to build houses
and additions on to many homes in the past. Thought I might continue building homes in retirement after working in industrial sales for many years, but now at 60 I do not want to work that hard.

Just looking forward to traveling the United States.
Bob Michigan<br />Blue Water Isles, Michigan<br />North Channel Saint Clair River<br />&quot;Chain of Lakes&quot; Lake; Saint Clair,<br />Huron, Michigan, Superior, Erie and<br />Ontario.&nbsp; Saint Lawerence Seaway and the Atlantic
Bob Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Southeast Michigan, North and East of Detroit about 42 miles.* We are on a cannel off the North Channel of the Saint Clair River just north of Lake Saint Clair.*

Bought the lot in 1984, designed and built the house “on the land” in 1985-86 moved in 1986.* That was a dream and goal of mine to design and also build a house myself since I was very young.* Kind of a hobby to build houses
and additions on to many homes in the past.* Thought I might continue building homes in retirement after working in industrial sales for many years, but now at 60 I do not want to work that hard.*

I understand completely, esp. re. dreams and goals but not wanting
to "work that hard" at age 60. Every time I get ready to jump back in
(to working), I just wait 24 hours and the urge goes away. BTW, I am thinking of taking up serious muskie fishing. The only legal muskie I ever
caught was out of Lake St. Clair (around 10 lbs.). I have often said that
if Lake St. Clair was located elsewhere (away from the Great Lakes),
it would be world famous. Anyway, I am traveling to northern Wisc.
this week for some muskie fishing. Maybe this will cause me to get serious about it.

JG
Old 06-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Southeast Michigan, North and East of Detroit about 42 miles.* We are on a cannel off the North Channel of the Saint Clair River just north of Lake Saint Clair.*

Bought the lot in 1984, designed and built the house “on the land” in 1985-86 moved in 1986.* That was a dream and goal of mine to design and also build a house myself since I was very young.* Kind of a hobby to build houses
and additions on to many homes in the past.* Thought I might continue building homes in retirement after working in industrial sales for many years, but now at 60 I do not want to work that hard.*

Your goals are modest. That's good!

I lived/worked in Detroit, Farmington Hills, Fenton, Hartland, Grand Blanc,
Traverse City, Menominee and Cornell, Michigan over about 15 years.
Still my fav. northern state.

JG
Old 06-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #7

Come on in, Bob Michigan. I retired at 60, and I consider it early. 42 years at the same company. Amazing. Congratulations, and welcome aboard.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote