ltuxl said:
I get this but I kind of want to stick to the three month rule. I would be nice to take advantage of some jewelry store's no interest for the first 6 months if I sign up for a card, pay it off before that time frame, and then cancel the card.

The three month rule is the diamond industry's way of trying to part you from your money. If a goal is early retirement parting with that kind of money for jewelry is something LBYMers would pass on...now if we're talking about putting $30k into VG total stock we'd be all over it!!

Welcome BTW...you've found a group of very opinionated people who have a single goal in common; retire as early as possible so we can go out and play!

I recently bought a brand new car for $24,000 @ 0% (thanks Mr. President) for 6 years and although it was a good deal concerning money, I am convinced I bought the wrong car for me. Had I leased or purchased a used car I would have had the choice to get a different car sooner, and buy the car that is more of what I want.

Why do you think that leasing the car would have given you better options and let you out of the car. If you took a 3 year lease you are locked in for 3 years. Leasing has a preset residule value for the end of the 3 years. This would be the same as selling your car at that point. You can get out of your purchase at any time you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom