Newbie to the forum

Moleskin Moyer

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello, everyone! Newbie here to the forum. Hoping to learn a lot from you all.

Last edited:
Welcome....

Hey Moleskin. Welcome ! Care to tell us a bit about yourself?
I missed Gumby's sticky 'Read this before you introduce yourself' at the top of the forum!

I'm a 40 year old guy and am looking to retire from the military at age 43. I've been doing the mutual fund thing for all of my career but really have it all on autopilot. I'm not too saavy about bonds. I joined the forum to do homework and assess if I can fully retire at age 43. I briefly perused Gumby's sticky with all the questions to ask before retirement and will use those to help do my assessment. My networth is roughly $900K, but I need to organize my numbers and perhaps post them somewhere on the forum so others can help me identify gaps or improve things.

Welcome MM, I think the key is what amount of military pension do you have? combine that with the cost of living in your chosen area, and then figure if you can take a reasonable withdrawal out of your savings to supplement.

I'm a 40 year old guy and am looking to retire from the military at age 43.
Share whatever numbers you can, and ask your questions.

I wrote the book here with the contributions and editing from over 60 of the forum's military servicemembers, veterans, and families.

Back
Top Bottom