Ok move is done now man now what.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sold the New Jersey house for 512,000 made 300,000 profit, threw it into a 320,000 new great house in north carolina, the wife is SOOOO happy. Anyway was offered two teaching jobs the first week I have been here. BUT I must still give 4 months back in NJ for my contract requirements and medical bennies.

Oh well, the pressure of NOT having a 250,000 mortgage is efin GREAT!!

My mortgage is 50,000 and will pay it off in two years.

KOOL!

Good news! It sounds like great timing on the sale of the NJ home.

Enjoy the summer. :)

Congratulations Newguy!

I know you will enjoy living in NC. Once you get your contract time in and get settled in your new home I am sure you will begin to decompress and life will take on a whole new meaning for you.

Curious what part of NC or Raleigh you ended up in. I bet that $320,000 bought you one heck of a house around here!

Congrats, man. That rules.

Onward and upward.

justin said:
Curious what part of NC or Raleigh you ended up in. I bet that $320,000 bought you one heck of a house around here!

down in fuquay

you got that right a builders spec with every bell and whistle.

A real beauty, even a protected woods rear yard a nuess river riparian zone, never to be built on.

Smaller lot so not much grass to deal with. In addition my wife is just lovin being here. She has everything she ever wanted in a house.

The area is growing gangbusters, they sold 3 houses yesterday in the development. The phase we are in is just about 3/4 finished.

Looks good.

I just need to get my bearings though, I was really not expecting a mortgage. But 375 a month is doable.

newguy88 said:
Smaller lot so not much grass to deal with.

:D Welcome to suburbia and every house built since 1990. ;)

Must have been around 3,000 in that price level in Fuquay. Get ready for the town to grow massively. It'll probably double in size over the next 5-10 years. Just hope the road-building keeps up with the growth!

justin said:
:D Welcome to suburbia and every house built since 1990. ;)

Must have been around 3,000 in that price level in Fuquay. Get ready for the town to grow massively. It'll probably double in size over the next 5-10 years. Just hope the road-building keeps up with the growth!

Yes The roads, traffic lights and such.

Anyway I am really excited and pumped.

To think, 204 sick days and my papers are in for a early retirement as of april 2007.

Plus that nice big salary for the next 9 months.

I will pay everything off, then the pension starts and the part time jobs begin.

Hey justin I even got my new north carolina drivers license and new north carolina tags. By the way what is with a safety inspection for 30 dollars a car per year? NJ gave that crap up a few years ago!

newguy88 said:
Hey justin I even got my new north carolina drivers license and new north carolina tags. By the way what is with a safety inspection for 30 dollars a car per year? NJ gave that crap up a few years ago!

Small price to pay for a little slice of southern heaven. :D

Emmissions inspections mostly. We have a lot of air quality nonattainment areas here. That reminds me - I need to get my car inspected.

Newguy

Congratulations on the move to NC. How are the taxes in the Raleigh area?

2soon

Way to go newguy. Great timing on getting out of a pricey housing market into a more reasonable one! You may very well have sold at the top of the NJ market and into a moderately rising NC market.

Congrats. Enjoy your "new" life down there.

califdreamer said:
Way to go newguy. Great timing on getting out of a pricey housing market into a more reasonable one! You may very well have sold at the top of the NJ market and into a moderately rising NC market.

Yes it is a really nice house and a nice area. I have issues however with my job. It looks as though I must work until january back in new jersey. I figure that I may just put my retirement papers in for June 1st of 2007 and take 100 of my sick days since they knew my wife has had medical issues and would NOT release me from the 90 days written in the contract. So I must return on Labor day and work at least till jan. If I stay till the end of the year I can pay off this small mortgage and other bills incured from the move. Kinda like a traveling salesman except i will be staying with friends and not getting an expense account. Hummm, even if I take 100 sick days i would still have 100 when I do leave!

By the way the neighborhood I left the houses that were on the market the same time mine was are still sitting unsold and prices are down 20 to 30 thousand on each house. We were the lowest price by 5 grand when we went on the market in april and sold for 513,000. It looks like we may have been at the peak, the same type house now is being priced closer to 490,000 and still not selling.

Kool

2soon2tell said:
Newguy

Congratulations on the move to NC. How are the taxes in the Raleigh area?

2soon

Taxes are 1.12 per hundred, assessed at 85% of the value, my place is something like 3000 a year. A much better number than 8,000 in new jersey. Now they do tax food at 2%, and a tax on the value of the automobiles.

Bottom line it is cheaper and with a 50,000 mortgage and not a 250,000 mortgage things are well much easier. Even making less money. My mortgage is 360 a month, when I start getting my pension sometime next year it will be about 3,000 a month with medical bennies for the both of us. A part time job making a 1000 a month and I am waaaay ahead of the game. then in 10 years social security and my COLA pension should make us semi ok.

Back
Top Bottom