Join Early Retirement Today

OK..What's the deal on the "dryer sheets"? :)
Old 07-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

OK..What's the deal on the "dryer sheets"? :)

Hi Everyone! Now that I've got your attention , I just wanna say I came across this forum today by accident and boy am I glad! Just reading some of these posts and getting a feel for this forum I knew I had to join.

Everyone sounds like a great bunch and I am hoping to be able to take some time to join in every chance I can. You see..... I am not retired yet, as we still farm - grain and cattle. The lifestyle is good but there is alot of work involved all the time. I also started an e-commerce business as "I found I just wasn't busy enough" and wanted to have a little something else to do with the extra hour or two I had each day. So please forgive me if I'm not around a lot.

Before I lose everyone's attention by writing an episle I think I'd better sign off now and close by saying, thank you for having me aboard and I look forward to meeting everyone, reading the posts and communicating with you all.

Steeliestlion
p.s. seriously.... how does everyone put a saying under there name? Does the forum give people the saying that suits them? Night all!
Steeliestlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome!

The dryer sheet comment is related to post count. Several threads back in the day covered all the many ways to conserve and re-use dryer sheets (Rip them in half! Dust furniture!) so since this board, among other things, preaches LBYM (live below your means) as you become more of a veteran you go from being confused, to recycling, etc.

Those of us who need help and spend way too much time here have special sayings for us. I hope to graduate from my current caption to "Give me a Museum and I'll fill it...." quote someday.

EDIT: oh that's right, I have the sheriff badge attached to me! Former Moderator.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Welcome Steeliestlion! Farming sounds like a lot of work. Join in the fun here! Someone else can help you with all the forum details; we have many fun discussions.
blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board:
http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ets-30654.html

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Steeliestlion, welcome aboard! I don't know that I've seen a farmer on here before -- I'll look forward to your contributions. If you don't mind saying, where are you from?

Coach
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
gone traveling

Welcome to the forum! The number of stars under the member name are awarded incrementally to everyone who agrees with my postings.
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks to all of you
Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #7

Thanks to all of you

Thanks all for all your responses. I now know the story behind the dryer sheets and ALSO, used kleenex's. I must admit....I have used a kleenex more than once when I have a head cold. Oh gee.....I better not start something here. lol

Anyways, I am from southern Saskatchewan, Canada. Is anyone here familiar with Saskatchewan? We are situated right in the middle of the Bakkan (Oil) Unfortuneately we aren't lucky to have minerals on any of our land so we miss out on getting $70,000.00 per month. There has been a lot of instant millionaires here in the past year. I wouldn't know what to do with that much money anyways.

Steeliestlion....Kim for short.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

If you have mineral rights at all in The People's Republic of Saskatchewan, you must be old Ukrainian.

Stay right there. We Albertans are on our way over to help you with your excess petroleum. :-D
Old 07-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Steeliestlion, welcome aboard! I don't know that I've seen a farmer on here before --
I think haha qualifies, but maybe he was a rancher.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #10

Well Ed .... I wish it was that easy. Oh well we will just keep on farming
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Welcome SL from another Prairie member....the world needs more Saskatchewanians!

Now, can somebody please explain the difference between a farmer and a rancher?
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
Now, can somebody please explain the difference between a farmer and a rancher?
Hunh, I thought that started as "A farmer and a rancher go into a bar..."

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeliestlion View Post
Anyways, I am from southern Saskatchewan, Canada. Is anyone here familiar with Saskatchewan? We are situated right in the middle of the Bakkan (Oil) Unfortuneately we aren't lucky to have minerals on any of our land so we miss out on getting $70,000.00 per month. There has been a lot of instant millionaires here in the past year. I wouldn't know what to do with that much money anyways.

Steeliestlion....Kim for short.
I have not been to Saskatchewan, but will one of these days. Knew about the place only because I bought POT or Potash of Saskatchewan 3 years ago. Only 200 shares, but that was enough to absolve all my other poor choices
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #14

Great to hear I'm not the only one from the Prairies. If you don't mind me asking Mead....where abouts are you from?

NW Bound Saskatchewan is a nice place to live. Well I think anyways. Hope you can come up for a visit sometime. Check out those Roughriders
Old 07-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I shouldn't be bragging about POT. It may be too late to buy after a huge runup. Caveat emptor.
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote