One foot in; the other out

inkitnow

Recycles dryer sheets
A friend of mine recommended this site. He has learned alot, enjoys the read, and thought I would too. I am 59 yrs old, a writer, married to a geek who loves his job. I have stopped looking for work...just do what ends up in my inbox. But I'm considering "hanging it up" at the end of this year.

If it weren't for health benefits, my husband could retire too. But alas. The public option does not seem to be an option. So he's continuing to bring home the bacon and I'm looking for a place to retire. We think he can work remotely for another 6 yrs.

We're thinking of The Villages in FL OR Colorado. Both have advantages, of course. Would love to hear from anyone in The Villages who has not drunk the cool aid and still likes living there.

Welcome ,I live in Florida not the Villages just a regular town . If you are looking for a place that has activities and instant friends there are a lot of them throughout Florida that are not on the scale of the Villages . I personally find the Villages to be too much like the Truman Show (fake everything ) but most people who live their love it and they mostly drink beer ,martinis and wine not cool aid .

Back
Top Bottom