Planning to Retire in 5 years; Need Moving Information

Flex4

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello can anyone please give me information about living in Idaho? We currently live in California but plan to move out of California due to it's outrageously high cost of living. Both my wife and I grew up where winters gave us snow, so we are no strangers to living in the snow. How extremes are the winters, and what choices for health care is there in such places like Sandpoint, Ceour D'alene. We have also been told about the two above named cities, but does anyone recommend or have info about other cities/towns in Idaho they would recommend? Things that are important to us is living on beautiful scenic property with acreage with is close to outdoor recreation such as fishing and hunting, accessibility to hmo type health facilities, and winters and summers that on average are not extreme climates. We have been looking at Idaho because it was somewhat still close to family in California. We were also contemplating Oregon. Affordability and close distance to California is very important to my wife and I.

Any advice or information you can provide us that will help us in our retirement planning would highly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Peter. I'd start here Idaho Bigger Cities (over 6000 residents) - Real Estate, Housing, Schools, Residents, Crime, Pollution, Demographics and More? Pick a city, lots and lots of info. Then if you like, you can go to their forum and exchange posts with people who live there.

Or here http://www.bestplaces.net/state/idaho. At this site, you can actually compare where you actually live now versus any potential new location - in great detail.

I've found both to be helpful to start. Best of luck...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom