Re-introducing myself (Freebird)

It's been about 10 years since I bought on eBay, but it was surprising how much of the stuff I wanted was "NewInBox." Many people had just kept the boxes of teapots that were wedding presents up on the top shelf in the kitchen. Spice of Life was a very popular pattern back then so it was easy to collect, they made every imaginable item in it; it had French words on it; I bought a few pieces from people in English-speaking Canada which, surprise, did not have the French words. Don't think the '70s is really very collectible yet like the '50s but give it 20 or so years, when I run through bucket no. 2. LOL

and what is behind door (or bucket) # 2 ? :rolleyes:

oh...and i just noticed...you FIREd on 8/29/08 ?
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ballooons and streamers!

FB

I had to save that one a long time. I downloaded it a million years ago thinking "eventually....I'll get the chance to use this..."

Turns out the opportunities are few and far between... :(

i'm still trying it figure out what the first letter of "LAY" is...

CLAY
PLAY (as in Play and Glass OR Play with ...)

glad you shared. still cracking up here...
FB

Makes me think of a museum of dishware for the frugal.

shadowiris.jpg

I thought this looked familiar! Yes - we have it, in several different pieces (serving platter, plate, coffee cups/plate, etc - even a cutting board!). Checked with my DW. She said that she picked it up at a Corning "discount/outlet" in Lancaster (PA) a couple of years ago.

Either it was "found" at one of their stores, or returned from a vendor. It could also be that they had some interest in the pattern and did a re-issue on it.

I checked the back. It's labeled as microwave safe (from 25+ years ago :D ) but not stove top or broiler.

Retro is cool!

- Ron

It's been about 10 years since I bought on eBay

Interesting. My latest "purchase" on eBay was an '05 Cadillac SRX, from a dealer in Detroit through their auto auction.

One owner (soccer mom, from Gross Pointe), off lease, at 34k.

I test drove an '07 in late fall. The only difference in the two was the '07 has a power lift gate ('05 dosen't) but the '05 has the Northstar V8, which I wanted (hey, I'm retired and don't use it on a daily basis).

Ok - it's "used", but Cadillac certified (bumper to bumper) till the end of 2010.

And I got it for 35% of original list (originally low 50's).

I use it for my volunteer work (meals on wheels) and we've used it for weekend get-aways. A very "sweet"
ride!

Sometimes you can get a buy.

- Ron

'05 Cadillac SRX, from a dealer in Detroit through their auto auction.

I use it for my volunteer work (meals on wheels) and we've used it for weekend get-aways. A very "sweet"
ride!

- Ron

boy, i'm jealous. i get to drive a boring GMC 12 passenger van with US Govt tags. yawn...

my volunteer work is driving diabled vets home from the local VA outpatient clinic. I am an active member of the DAV/VA Transportation Network since October 2007. my perks include free annual flu shots, free lunches with the VA employees, and the joy of making folks smile.

and.... i get to drive all over the county using someone else's gas. :D

a typical day run is 100 miles RT. the guys will tell me the history of the area if i point it an older building or closed factory. one of my riders is an walking encyclopedia of jokes. he cleans them up for my sake, but we laugh our heads off once he gets going.

hooray for you for your work with Meals on Wheels!

FB

Back
Top Bottom