Reintroduction

papadad111

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi- Not sure if this is right place but I enjoy this forum a lot. It's my favorite infact. To enhance my enjoyment I wonder if there is a thread that introduced/reintroduces the key "frequent" posters on this forum - the regulars if you will, who are always helpful and insightful. Maybe one post from each that includes some key data or stats and a little commentary. For example, financial situation, fired or not, age when fired. Former career. Geographic part of the world, asset allocation, SWR percentage, You get the idea. Perspective and world view is so important -- it really helps to know who is who beyond a screen name only.

I could probably come up with a list of 30 or so really quality posters. Does such a "place" exist, like a sticky ?

Thanks for thoughts.

Your concept of a list is interesting, but I think the member profile fits as a place for people to say as much or as little as they'd like about themselves (everyone has their own view about privacy).

I'd like to see more people take the suggestion given to start with their own "Hi, I am..." post.

It doesn't take too long to learn whose postings are interesting to you personally.

The forum as a whole, though, is a little like crack cocaine (especially when you are oh-so-close to freedom)!

Last edited:
When I find a member's posts interesting, I like to go back to his or her first post, which frequently includes most of the information you are seeking. Having to reintroduce oneself seems too much like performance assessment at w*rk.

Agreed. We'll share as much or as little as we feel comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

You can also check the public profile of any member here to see if they have shared any of the information you are interested in there. Not everyone wants to put their financial info out there, though. Of course, maybe we are all really teenaged boys in our moms' basements in Montana. :)

i agree with you that this is my favorite forum too and there are many people's posts that I find helpful or otherwise enjoyable.

.....Of course, maybe we are all really teenaged boys in our moms' basements in Montana. :)

Come on, give me a break, I am 36 and live with my parent's in a double wide in Alabama. :rolleyes: I have vastly more experience and wisdom than some 15 year old!

I'm a nine year old girl in Bangladesh who is training to become an Ameriprise representative. Still can't figure out why people don't take me seriously here. :facepalm:

Papadad111 I too would like to know more about the many regular posters I learn from every day. IMO many share a remarkable amount about their lives, philosophies etc.. Without the relative anonymity this forum provides many(?most) of these posters would probably participate less. Let's be happy we have this much sharing of personal and financial information. Where else can you find it??

Back
Top Bottom