Restless in Maryland

KrisQuit

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello from Maryland! I've been a reader of the forums (particularly the young dreamers) for a few years, and I am hoping to be free at 55 (52 1/2 right now).

DH has been (early) retired for six years, and we are comfortably/financially prepared for the future. I continue to work to provide us health insurance. At 55 I will qualify for retiree health insurance, and life can change at that time. Right now, I am satisfied with my work, and want to stay productive for the next few years -- a little concerned that I will lose energy/focus as the freedom date approaches.

I look forward to interacting on the forum as my time approaches.

Welcome to our wonderful forum. Hope to hear about your journey to the end line over the next few years.

Welcome, I was ready to FIRE couple years ago, till I found that health care would cost a ton. DW got on Medicare and Kaiser last year so I was able to pull the pin last fall at 62. I was worried about lack of any specific things to keep me busy without work, and I enjoyed what I was doing. Now I’m in a learning process to re-focus on what makes me happy without work. Last two weeks it has been Florida keys.

Welcome Aboard! My wife is from Ellicott City. Sure has grown a lot in the last 30 years. And I hope they get the flash flooding fixed. My MIL still lives there so we get there quite often.

Back
Top Bottom