Retired artist starving in Central Florida

low bidder

Dryer sheet wannabe
My advice to young folks would be don't only focus on the monetary aspect of retirement, but also focus on maintaining your health as you are planning for your retirement years. One things for sure, if you don't have your health, nothing else matters. (If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.)

(If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.)

Yikes....! How old are you:confused: I could say the same about myself, and I'm only 53 (almost). I hope your health isn't too bad...

Older than you - that's as far as I'll go. If I told you any more, I'd have to kill you.

My health is fine, except for joints that were abused in my youth. Just observing a lot of folks my age who aren't doing so good. Makes me appreciate my health and wish I'd done a lot more to preserve it. You're health is very precious, don't take it for granted.

If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.Mickey Mantle, (attributed)
US baseball player (1931 - 1995)

And why would you be talking about Michael Jackson?:LOL:

It doesn't take long to get out of shape. I retired last year (about 18 months ago), had a very good exercise program for nearly 12 months but just got tired of running, lifting, biking so I just stopped. Problem is I didn't stop eating as much as I was while exercising and my weight go up to probably 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight. Well, its time to get back into shape.

In using the term "joint", I mean most sincerely the organic kind...err...the kind that you bend and flex, not smoke.

... had a very good exercise program for nearly 12 months but just got tired of running, lifting, biking so I just stopped.
I have a secret method for coping with this tendency to stop (which I really need to have, because I dislike exercise). I let myself cut back any amount, but never stop entirely. If I can't cope with 20 push-ups, I just do 5, or even only 1, then maybe next day I can increase the repetitions. There's a huge psychological difference between doing very little and doing nothing at all.

Reactions: oma
Back
Top Bottom