Join Early Retirement Today

Retired for 5 years - no insurance - LOVE IT
Old 07-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Retired for 5 years - no insurance - LOVE IT

I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I don't know why I haven't looked for a forum like this before. It's great to find others experiencing the same things.

No regrets for me....retired 5 years ago and have so much I love to do instead of the old 8-5 grind. Life is way too short, do what you love whatever it takes!

lynnbe
lynnbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Everyone loves "no insurance" when they haven't had a need for it. Be careful, esp if you're talking about health insurance.

But congratulations on your early retirement.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
I only need accident health insurance
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #3

I only need accident health insurance

The main thing about not having health insurance is to be very knowledgeable about taking care of health problems you might have and doing preventive health measures. For instance this is what I've cured myself of:

Gallbladder problems - learned how to flush gallstones out (doctors say it's impossible, but I have pictures to prove it)

Skin cancer - used a special herbal black salve that kills cancer cells but leaves good tissue intact, again have some pretty gruesome pictures to prove it)

Infections - I use nano silver or MMS with total success, even on staph infections.

Some major cost diseases I would not go to the doctor for:

Cancer - I have not had any cancer other than skin, but I have been a health researcher for over 20 years and know of so many alternative therapies to use that have healed many thousands of people of cancer. (Doctors aren't allowed to steer you in that direction. By law they are required to use only chemo, radiation, or surgery, that's it.) I only give people my resources of information, I will not treat anyone!

Heart disease - This is totally preventable, but you have to learn how to eat correctly. Hint: If you eating processed food of any description, you are not going down the right road with your health. You must also learn how to detox environmental toxins we all come in contact with.

The only thing I need insurance for is a major accident. I wish I could find a policy just for that. Anyone know of such a thing?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and wager you won't be posting your secrets here for curing cancer and heart disease but will be happy to provide them individually and for a commission/fee/sales cut of a product.

DH's doctor is an MD and also uses many alternative treatments, by the way. I believe it is not correct that doctors are "not allowed" to treat other than with chemo, radiation, and surgery.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Hmmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and wager you won't be posting your secrets here for curing cancer and heart disease but will be happy to provide them individually and for a commission/fee/sales cut of a product.
From the OP public profile:
Interests
Natural health, alternative therapies, avoiding doctors!

Biography

I run a webpage that explains how to heal many health issues at : Miracle Mineral Solution / Miracle Mineral Supplement
OK, got it.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Snake oil marketing...
Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ok, lynnbe, I'm curious, what is exact composition of this special black salve?

Don't have a need, somebody might.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #8

I don't sell most of the stuff I've talked about. I don't sell the black salve or the information about healing cancer for those that think this is just a post to sell stuff. But because I do have a passion for alternative health, I do have a website that does talk about one product which I use everyday and I am an affiliate with that product, but I don't care if you buy it or not. I don't need you to. There, I want to be as transparent as possible here. Many people need help with health issues and mainstream doctors don't always have the best answers. My own Mother is a great example of the fiasco of the medical system, which almost killed her more than once.

Different states have different bylaws for the doctors. Depends on the medical board of that state. For instance, Tennessee does not want doctors doing chelation therapy in the state, so doctors that do that are just over the state line in Georgia.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnbe View Post
For instance, Tennessee does not want doctors doing chelation therapy in the state, so doctors that do that are just over the state line in Georgia.
Less heavy metal poisoning in Tennessee than Georgia, or does Tennessee just not approve of pumping people without heavy metal poisoning full of EDTA?
M Paquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have some naive questions about this black salve:

- If killing cancer cells is as easy as applying the black salve, why do people still die of cancer?

- If there's a simple "alternative" remedy that works, why are there so many other "alternative" remedies? Do they all work? Or is it like religion, where a maximum of one is right?

- If a lot of major US teaching hospitals, or the AMA, were to start recommending the black salve, would it cease to work? Would it cease to be alternative? What if Pfizer were to start making it?
BigNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnbe View Post
The main thing about not having health insurance is to be very knowledgeable about taking care of health problems you might have and doing preventive health measures.
It's great that you retired early but what you are suggesting people do (be knowledgable about all the health problems you might have) is essentially impossible beyond a superficial level. Even for medical doctors. Just think about how many different specialities there are and the years of training each speciality required.

Do you have any objective evidence regarding your cancer cure? Forgive me, but I am a natural skeptic.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Ok, lynnbe, I'm curious, what is exact composition of this special black salve?

Don't accept substitutes! I saw some other web site where they were pitching special WHITE salve to cure cancer. Obviously a crock

OP - I'll give you the same line I give everyone who goes on about 'alternative' anything. I am open minded, I am more than willing to accept that an alternative could work (after all, every new treatment/procedure was 'alternative' at one point). All I ask for is proof - a few double blind statistically significant studies (not anecdotal 'stories') that show overall positive results relative to the 'conventional' treatment. Should be very easy for anything that works as well as claimed.

Quote:
Many people need help with health issues and mainstream doctors don't always have the best answers. My own Mother is a great example of the fiasco of the medical system, which almost killed her more than once.
There is a logical flaw/trap here that many fall into (or set for others). Just because "A" may be faulty, it does not follow that "B" is better or worse. "B" (your alternative, in this case) must stand on its own merits.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #13
Administrator

Quote:
but I have been a health researcher for over 20 years and know of so many alternative therapies to use that have healed many thousands of people of cancer. (Doctors aren't allowed to steer you in that direction. By law they are required to use only chemo, radiation, or surgery, that's it.) I only give people my resources of information, I will not treat anyone!
When my BIL was dying of cancer these parasites bloodsuckers vermin snake oil salesmen and women promoters of alternative therapies and remedies came out of the woodwork to sell bogus promises of natural and unconventional cures. There apparently is no limit to the depths some will go to exploit the misfortune of others in their moment of greatest weakness.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #14
Administrator

lynnbe

You posted something but the post was deleted. This forum has good mods.

I looked at your product. $20 for a promise of miracle healing - a bottle of low dose poisoned water. (distilled water + sodium chlorite).

You and your minions hide in the shadow of the constitution, protected by the presumption of innocence, free to prey on the weak and hopeless. Yet you will never leave that shadow and stand free in the light of day because you cannot withstand the scrutiny of others. You are like a mold that only flourishes hidden away in dark damp areas. You are an inspiration to bloodsuckers, parasites look to you for inspiration. Am I being clear?

I know you and have dealt with the likes of you before. My hostility is because I have experienced first hand what you do to people when they are most vulnerable. Go engage in an act of self-reproduction.

Please do not confuse my hostile tone with the open, helpful and friendly nature of this forum and its members. In advance, I apologize to the moderators, expect to be chastised and my words censored, and accept wthout complaint. Apologies to forum members as well.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #15

Quote:
The only thing I need insurance for is a major accident. I wish I could find a policy just for that. Anyone know of such a thing?
It's called "go to the ER and let the rest of us cover it in our premiums."
jebmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Please do not confuse my hostile tone with the open, helpful and friendly nature of this forum and its members. In advance, I apologize to the moderators, expect to be chastised and my words censored, and accept wthout complaint. Apologies to forum members as well.
Hey, you just said what I would have done if I'd had some seniority in here.

Incidentally, in the UK it has been a specific offence to claim to be able to cure cancer, since 1939. Prosecutions are infrequent but not unknown.
BigNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #17

I almost lost my step brother when I was young. He treated his type 1 diabetes with some 'alternative' treatments. He only came to his senses when he wound up on kidney dialysis

Tags
health care, insurance, no insurance