Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
Well I for one missed the OPs original posts..... so I do not know what she was saying and why....

It's interesting that she really did delete all of her posts. I just went back and checked. Oh well, I wish her and her SO other well.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
But I can see how someone new could read into the post what she did read into them even though it was not written... maybe they hit too close to home without meaning to.... IOW, maybe some of her friends and relatives have called her a gold digger and she is sensitive in that area and any hint to that could have triggered her response...
This may well be the case. She was overly defensive IMO.

Given her posts, I've got the impression that she is from a culture where man is the sole financial provider and woman's job is to support her man in achieving that. If that's the case, it explains some of her expectation and behavior.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Here are some estate planning links. Married or unmarried, kids or not, these documents make life a lot simpler in the case of disability or death.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, but I do know how to find stuff on the Internet.

I went through retirement and estate planning with a fee-only CFP firm, prior to my husband's passing, in my early 40s. Neither of us knew at the time how critical that exercise would become. Not being grim, but sh*t happens and that preparation saved me a lot of problems.

A simple checklist...
12 Simple Steps to an Estate Plan | Nolo.com
A good reference book to go with that list...
Plan Your Estate - Legal Estate Planning Book - Nolo

Here's a great page on the American Bar Association website that has oodles of links. Scroll down past the webinar announcement.

Estate Planning FAQs | Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law

That should keep you all busy for a while.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Therapists make several hundred dollars an hour, I don't really understand why anyone would expect to show up here, where presumably the posters need to get some enjoyment out of participating since nobody is giving us $225/hour, and just rag on his/her so.

Ha
Old 01-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #45

I believe I get paid by the posts after 1000 posts. I am waiting for a small check from ER.org. Well?
Old 01-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnplunder View Post
I believe I get paid by the posts after 1000 posts. I am waiting for a small check from ER.org. Well?

Just add a couple of zeros to the end an you might be right....
Old 01-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnplunder View Post
Oh yes, you will get three figures. Mods get six figures. Unfortunately those figures are all zeroes.