Sharing My Retirement Journey

Perhaps the OP wants to utilize this principle of public speaking:

Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em
Tell 'em
Tell 'em what you told 'em

:D

Or perhaps he is a self-aggrandizing bullshit artist. Anyone else getting ***** vibes?

mmm.bacon flavored popcorn!!!!

I love this company! What a great story they have--started with money they won from America's Funniest Home videos. Did you see the Siracha flavored candy canes? To say nothing of the bacon deodorant! OMG--my entire Christmas list could be completed on their website.

I'm feeling "I'm selling something" vibe. Don't give this dude any more attention.

I enjoyed reading Playing the Frugal Game is Fun post that you wrote. I am sure that there have been plenty of other posts that you have written that I have enjoyed also. Count me in as one of the people who are looking forward to your new posts.

I look forward to Alex's posts. FWIW I think the reason he mentioned his plans is that he is doing something different from the usual post. For most posts people are either asking a question or answering a question. There are exceptions, of course such as ongoing threads to post photos or what you do each day. Others occasionally post short informative posts or posts to generate a discussion without really having a question (I'm looking at you Midpack - this is not a complaint, BTW).

I think that what Alex is planning to do is more like a blog post with a longer post that is more informational. In informative blog posts (there are other kinds) the main post is that of the blogger who is usually imparting information to you rather than having a discussion with you. To be sure, most blogs have comments that create more of a discussion aspect but still most of the writing is that of the blogger....

Thanks for that, Katsmeow. You've said exactly what I would have said. But it's better that it came from you.

Cheers...

Alex in Virginia

I think that what Alex is planning to do is more like a blog post with a longer post that is more informational. In informative blog posts (there are other kinds) the main post is that of the blogger who is usually imparting information to you rather than having a discussion with you.
Which, once again, points to the questionable logic of blogging on a discussion board...

I liked Alex's other posts. There isn't a wide blogging audience on how to live on 36K a year or less for a household of two because that is what many people in the U.S. do anyway. They don't have any choice.

But on forums like this where many of the posters are used to earning much more (see the zip code thread) it is an interesting challenge to live on $36K and still try to keep the basics in place of the higher income kind of life.

Last edited:
Which, once again, points to the questionable logic of blogging on a discussion board...

When your are a tone-deaf blowhard that would not get the message if it was stapled to your forehead, logic does not apply.

When your are a tone-deaf blowhard that would not get the message if it was stapled to your forehead, logic does not apply.
+1 Something is afoot here and we will eventually know what that something is.
Ha

Back
Top Bottom